Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guise? well, this is my second holset build, and this time I want to keep the a/c intact. That's one of the reasons I sold my 11 second coupe (no a/c) and my new born kid would sweat. couldn't have that. any way, i'm starting over now. got a good running eg with a z6, with my hx35 in the trunk. i'm going to make some brackets to support the turbo where the oem muffler sits. the biggest pain i see is running the charge pipes.

what spool times can I expect? any ideas? guesses? random comments?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, forgot to mention i'm using the stock wastegate @ 26psi, 3" downpipe straight out the rear bumper driver side. i'll start a progress thread when i do it.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
i'm going to make some brackets to support the turbo where the oem muffler sits. the biggest pain i see is running the charge pipes.

what spool times can I expect? any ideas? guesses? random comments?
Am I reading this right?

Gives a new meaning to turbo muffler. Please elaborate more on this setup.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Am I reading this right?

Gives a new meaning to turbo muffler. Please elaborate more on this setup.
i dont know much about them but yes alot of local f body cars do this and run very well.. i think ive heard about maybe having to have a little pump to get the oil to and from the turbo, other than that alot of pipes.. i thnk it would be best to have a very good flowing header bisi or somthing with 2.5 piping to the turbo, seems like you would want the air to get there faster but these are just my thought

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Why not just do a sinktrap top mount and keep the turbo in the bay, and keep AC?

I could certainly see it hurting spool. Are you using a singe scroll or twin scroll Holeslut? I'd certainly look into using a good header. Maybe bounce some ideas off Beaver.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yes you need a pump to return the oil to the pan. You may also consider a sump under the turbo with a breather and the pump drawing from that.

But yah, remote mount is pretty "meh".

Are you planning to make enough power to justify that turbo?

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
i once read abt a guy wanting to put a turbo at the collector of a header, that sounds a lot less laggy. love to see the look on that babys face when you hit vtec and then full boost if it doesnt fall off. :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Dont waste money on a tail turbo. the extra lines, oil pump, and tubing are NOT cheaper then simply getting a damn AC compatable manifold.

All you need is the turbo moved over an inch or so, and a manifold to boot. maybe have a small clearance issue with stock radiator fan, hence why many people go slim fan when turbo'ing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the main idea is keeping A/C. i've made a sinktrap before, and the hx35 is just too big to clear the lines without mutating them.. I don't want mutated lines on my car.

@FullTilt yeah, I make good use of the hx35 :) I've ran the h1c, hy35 and the hx35 on a build motor.. hx35 prevails hands down.

26psi on a built z6 should be nice regardless of placement as long as the pressure gets there on time.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
build a sidewinder that puts the turbo where the air filter usually sits...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts