Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
yamaha r1
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cliff notes at bottom for those who dont want to read

Hey guys, Im usually good at researching these codes and anything to do with the car instead of putting up a worthless thread...but this is kinda ticking me off since i cant find any info on it. I just swapped a d15b with the p28 ecu and I have the spool solenoid code (41 i believe....well, i have both 21 and 41, and its one of them) coming up and the issue for me is that i believe its wired up correctly, but im not sure. I would like to check other areas before going back to the wiring, so could someone explain what the possible causes for this code to be thrown are, and how to check them?

My understanding is its either the wiring, the screen is blocked where the solenoid is, the oil is low, there isnt enough pressure, or...maybe the solenoid is bad? How do you check the solenoid? I read about people saying run a wire from the solenoid to the battery and listen for it to click...but i need for someone to break that down in literal terms. Do i splice into a wire and touch the other end to the battery.

Basically here are the cliff notes for those who dont feel like reading that much bs.

d15b motor with p28 ecu
Spool solenoid CEL is coming up
What are they possible symptoms
How do I check the symptoms

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
i had this with my last motor, and i couldnt figure anything out either... i ended up buying a new ecu and i never got another CEL... sorry if this is bad news for you...

on the brighter note, you could probably borrow any one of your friends' p28 ecus and plug it in, and if u dont get a CEL then u know u need a new ECU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.