Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I prefer the spool characteristics of the non-vtec heads over the vtec heads. The non vtec was consistent, smooth and linear and spooled much sooner than the z6 head at 2.5k. There's no one home below 3k on the z6 and then boost hits hard at approx 4k. I was under the assumption that with my c/r bump I would get a little faster spool, or is this just a result of the low cam vs high cam on the vtec head? What are everybody else's thoughts on this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was an accumulation of a bunch of issues at once. First thing was the timing on the mini me that I couldn't get set right, next was the basemap that I put on there. I was trying to match the z6 maps to the b16 maps so all the boost tools and stuff in crome would work correctly, next was a huge exhaust leak at a crack on the manifold where the wastegate connects, and finally my 3 bar map isn't calibrated correctly. So I started over from scratch, again. Re-installed the stock map sensor, scrapped trying to use the z6 tables and reverted back to just using the b16 tables. Got the manifold welded up (although it appears to be leaking again) once I did that I was able to get the idle stable enough to actually set base timing correctly because it was WAY off. Now she has plenty of throttle response, no lunging or jerking while letting off throttle, and after blips it no longer dips below the idle point. It still spools a little later than compared to the b7 head though, but 100 times better than before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts