Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I am finding more and more shit not to like about this EMUSA kit.

GReddy knock off, gasket, and charge pipe with flange. The flange just sort of floats there, and it looks like it should lock into place when the BOV is tightened up.

Here is was mine does
right click and save me

The flange that the BOV bolts to sits a little higher than the tube it seats on. This keeps the BOV from making contact with the tube, and never seats the flange on it properly.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Haha mines did the same shit two days ago made thicker gasket and now it's so tight it's crazy I had to beat my snap ring into place to get it to seat and not it's un movable and works fine

·
Registered
473 Posts
I found a o ring in the garage still a Lil to small then used some rtv like made it thick over the I ring and where the gasket would sit waited two days shaved off access with a razor then snap ringed into place time consuming but works and saved a trip to the store

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Haha mines did the same shit two days ago made thicker gasket and now it's so tight it's crazy I had to beat my snap ring into place to get it to seat and not it's un movable and works fine
Snap ring? What part uses a snap ring?

Edit:
nevermind, I just saw you are using the SSQV.
I am wishing I had the kit you have. The one I have orients the turbo the other direction, and I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do for an air filter. The hard line for the slave cylinder and the coolant lines are exactly in the wrong spot.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats no biggie man. notify them so they can hange it. emusa kits have never given me issue, but i only use half the kit hahahah
Yeah, I'm going to give them a call Monday.

How much was that kit, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to see if it was worth it forme to piece my setup together instead of buying an ebay kit.
see the previous quote and what I am about to say.

Mine came with the car (new in the unopened box), but they are 550 on ebay. I have seen just the manifold turbo, and downpipe from some of the sellers. That and the intercooler kit might be a better way to go.

Half the kit is good, a quarter is meh, and the last quarter is fodder.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Snap ring? What part uses a snap ring?

Edit:
nevermind, I just saw you are using the SSQV.
I am wishing I had the kit you have. The one I have orients the turbo the other direction, and I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do for an air filter. The hard line for the slave cylinder and the coolant lines are exactly in the wrong spot.
Yeah I know your kit set up I stayed away from that i mean it's no big deal but mines is easier to set up that's all and leaves a nice open spot in the engine bay for air flow to the filter

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ohhhh nooo haha I like that lmao yeah most eBay stuff is missing a few things and need minor adjustments but If you have the tools like most of us and some know how it's nothing big to to something right and make it last and make other people say wtf are you serious how did you do that. Then we smile

·
Registered
473 Posts
You can always make a gasket? Buy rubber and no not a condom haha go to your hardware store look around see if you can find a nice square piece of rubber not to hard and not to soft should work fine if you have a dermal.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I looked at trimming the current gasket and it's not going to work. I am going to pick up a sheet of gasket when I get a chance to stop by the parts store. If that doesn't work I may give the silicone a try.

A 55 cent 1 11/16" o-ring fit the groove, and took care of the issue. Hopefully I don't run into too many more missing bits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts