Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i use in smoker for a spicy sweet taste...tastes good on anything...if you like it a little sweeter add some brown sugar...i usually cut this recipe in half...comes out great...

Don't Wipe Your Eyes Rub

1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne

rub it on before you put the meat on the grill...when it gets wet and the meat come to room temp its ready to go...

·
Registered
632 Posts
This sound dope....I think if you add a little tomato paste and white vinegar you could use it for a base for a sauce to, if you're not into "rub only" bbq...rep is in order

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i thought this was the recipe for vtec sauce
wait that was 1 cup of rice mixed with a bunch of slow

sounds yummy thanks

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Sounds like a good place to start for a dry rub. I've played around a little with trying to make one. I've never gotten quite the right blend of seasonings.I like the idea of adding a little sugar, so I'll have to give this a try. Thanks!

·
Registered
556 Posts
im not a fan of doing sweet rubs. If i do rubs i keep the spices, and add something sweet to the sauce at the end (brown sugar or whatever) Sugar burns to easy and i like to slow cook, so im not trying to have black ribs.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
im not a fan of doing sweet rubs. If i do rubs i keep the spices, and add something sweet to the sauce at the end (brown sugar or whatever) Sugar burns to easy and i like to slow cook, so im not trying to have black ribs.
I'll admit I wondered about the sugar. It's the same reason you don't want to add any BBQ sauce until the very end of the cooking process. I'm up for a try however, considering my search for a rub I like and can make at home continues ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used that rub on four slabs of ribs in my smoker for FIVE hours at 250 degrees...if you are going to be cooking low and slow you arent going to see direct heat anyways...

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
I know you say you cut the recipe but with the amounts you listed.. how much will that make?? i.e. how many ribs, or steaks can you rub out wit those numbers?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you say you cut the recipe but with the amounts you listed.. how much will that make?? i.e. how many ribs, or steaks can you rub out wit those numbers?
i cut the recipe in half and was able to rub four slabs of ribs both sides...generously...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a little extra kick you could really ground up some crushed red pepper and throw that in there.
just increase the cayenne...the chili powder also helps with the kick...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts