Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've just taken delivery of a new daily. It's suposed to stay stock as I already have another toy.... but I guess I can't help myself.
From my research so far I assume I have a D16y4 engine with a P2K ECU code. (Ausralian delivered car)
I've been looking fir a bit of a mule to play with a Speeduino ECU I have. My plan is to make an adapter harness and use the facory wiring harness as much as possible.
This is my first time playing with a Honda and I was wondering if anyone knew what type of crank/cam angle sensor these engines use? i.e reluctor or hall effect. Also where are they mounted? I haven't had a chance to open her up yet and won't until I get my other car back.

Thanks for your help.

John

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
a quick google search would tell you the 2000 civic has a crank sensor located behind the crank pulley.

and the cam sensor is in the distributor

·
Registered
1 Posts
@twobarboost have a look on @evo_lucian Speeduino thread and his YouTube channel. He built a Speeduino on a similar engin - He's capturing the cam sensor signal on the distributor and is using a VR conditioner to make it readable on the Speeduino.

Thread for reference: HOW TO: Wire Speeduino standalone ecu to your Honda

I am exploring this opportunity myself and his knowledge is very valuable(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.