Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I'm looking to see if anyone else is going to go down this route. Those that dont know it is a DIY standalone ecu using an arduino 2650 mega as its processor. I have 2 versions no2c and v 03.7. I also have a plug and play adapter for the obd1 ecu harness.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,074 Posts
I am familiar with it, only slightly though, but I haven't heard of anyone running it yet. Looks like you might be the first on here.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
242 Posts
Havent gotten to play with one yet, but ive had people asking about them. In for updates.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
There are a couple folks on here running it. Couple D17 guys.

Im planning on running it on my 01 D17 civic once I verify the engine rebuild was a success. Gotta get the damn motor in first.

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
90 Posts
So it's actually an Arduino shield? I would've just plopped the Mega's chips onto the board for the sake of reliability (fewer connections to fail) and compactness. Though all the through-hole components are probably aimed at letting people easily DIY it... SMD scares people. An SMD, controller-on-board version could be half the size, or pack twice the functionality. That said, it's an accomplishment - Arduino-based engine management has crossed my mind before.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
speeduino sells in several stages. Bare PCB so you only solder the SMD's and other components you need, or it is sold assembled in a few different "teirs" and generations.

You can put together a speeduino kit for under $350 total if you look around. THere are breakout boards and a custom IDE cable of sorts to make thigns nice and neat.

Or you can really scavenge, buy the abre board and component kit, and have a fully tunable setup for under $200

Reactions: bobski

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 3 different variations: no2c two channel, v0.3.7 and a v0.4 technically I was sponsored with the no2c from wtmtronics.com check them out weaver is a really helpful dude and stocks pretty much all of the speeduino stuff as well as sensors and all of the accessories. In my picture the blue board and connector are an obd1 breakout board so you can make it plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Steve, can you private message me. Need some input on purchase suggestions for speeduino. To new to the site to direct message you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts