Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 93 EG6 has been having on and off functionality of its speedometer. It was working intermediately for a few months then stopped working yesterday.

Now my check engine light is on. I have replaced the sensor but it didn't fix the problem. Iam not sure where to start looking for a faulty wire.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Check the connector to the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) first, then the sensor itself. IF you replaced the VSS, then i'd say its the connection problem.

·
Registered
2000 Civic
42 Posts
I've seen many honda speedos at my shop go bad. There pretty cheap at any bone yard, and u can usually find one with less miles on it. This is after you check the vss and harness, at both ends

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I am working on it this morning ill let you know how it goes. Iam going to start with the connector and see where that takes me.

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

Hello,

Finaly got arround to testing the VSS wiring. On the Yellow/Blue wire (the middle one on the connector to the VSS) there was some odd 10 ohm short to ground. Only the ground wire is supposed to be grounded, so I assume this wire has somehow been grounded near my dash.

Does anyone know where that wire goes? I want to just re run a new wire into my dash. If anyone thinks theres a better way lemme know thanks!

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts