Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i swapped a d15b7 w/a auto tranny for a d16y7 w/a manual tranny in my 92 hatch. Im having problems with the speedometer now. Ive replaced the automatic ecu with a manual ecu and still nothing. Can anyone give me any pointers? I know there is a possibilty the vss could be bad or the speedometer gauge itself could be bad. Thanks any advice would be great.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Have you checked out your wire/s running from the sensor to the speedo for continuity?
What else have you done so far to investigate the problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the wires are good and no cels yet. Ant thats the thing it is doing NOHING, its crazy. like one i would be driving and it would come on work for a lil while and then go back off and then for next 3 days it wouldn't work at all.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
mine is doing the same thing. replaced the vss and it still acts up intermittent(sp?)....it'll stay on 0 and then just JUMP to the speed im going, then sometimes slowly "accerlerate" to like 100 etc. it jumps all over the place and SOMETIMES shows the correct speed....vss changed nothing...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea thought the same thing but everything else on the car works great. so i guess the next is to buy a new vss and i think im gonna try to find a ex or lx gauge cluster from a 92-95. that should elimatenate a bad vss and a bad speedometer. Correct?? thanks

·
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!
Civic
2,875 Posts
yea thought the same thing but everything else on the car works great. so i guess the next is to buy a new vss and i think im gonna try to find a ex or lx gauge cluster from a 92-95. that should elimatenate a bad vss and a bad speedometer. Correct?? thanks
That is correct sir...but like with me everything worked fine, cd player sub, lights everything but one time it came off and i lost the spedo then the rpm then the fuel when i pulled over i seen the wire had came out the terminal:3dtard:...goodluck with it bro

·
Registered
1998 Civic coupe ex
97 Posts
what do you mean by "#15 alternator fuse"?
just the alt fuse? 15amp i presume? (i think thats what you mean, just making sure)
yes on the fuse block it should be number 15 now sure what amp it is . it has been a while since this happened to me.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
Clean your batt. terminals...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the number 15 fuse is good and ill try to clean the battery terminal up good with a wire brush to get a good connection. thanks, im buying a new vss and ex gauge cluster next week so hopefully it will work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
any update on if its fixed?? i seem to have an intermittent problem too. been doing fine for like 4 months and out of nowhere, today, it starded jumping around :(

I'm going to clean my terminals, replace alt fuse also... but i'm begining to think it may be a harness issue b/c no matter what tranny i'm using or what vss, it still does it. hmm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts