Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice write up
yeah the one i found is good, just have been reading it and the helms on how to check over the tranny once I have it all apart

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
hey man im currently rebuilding my trans with obx lsd as well. im in the middle of taking the transmission apart but im not to clear on how the shimming is done so when you get to that step can you take some pics for me thanks.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Shimming starts by first installing the original one that came with the car along with the LSD, then connect both halves of the cases together w/o sealant and measure the clearance between the top of the diff bearing and the case. Doing this w/o the axle seal is recommended. Unfortunately I cannot remember what the spec was...but it is one of my Quaife LSD threads I made.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Shimming starts by first installing the original one that came with the car along with the LSD, then connect both halves of the cases together w/o sealant and measure the clearance between the top of the diff bearing and the case. Doing this w/o the axle seal is recommended. Unfortunately I cannot remember what the spec was...but it is one of my Quaife LSD threads I made.
Im sure its on the factory manual over on Red Pepper Racing

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

More In a bit once lunch is done

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ground the bolts down so they fit :p

now to put the rest of it all on. . . still reading on how to pull the old bearings of the stock diff

also the bolt holes SUCK on the obx as expected. but strange thing is I would put the bolt in from the back just to make sure the threads are clean and it would go in easy, but from the front they are much harder to put it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts