Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the Honda world so bear with me because I’ll be lurking and asking all kinds of questions lol.

I found this setup and just curious what kind of power I could put down with a good turbo setup.

https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/engine-parts/engine-block-parts/pistons/honda-acura/d-series-engines/speedfactory-no-notch-h-beam-long-rod-and-vitara-piston-combo

I can’t post links on mobile -_-
Should I go ahead and notch the block anyway just to be safe? What else can I do to beef up the bottom end?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
"Vitara piston turbo D16 builds are one of the most popular 300-500hp street Honda setups out there. Very cost effective, fun, and relatively simple to build"

"- 500hp rated"

"We have pushed the limits of these pistons on our own engines and currently hold the world record for horse power on these pistons in a stock sleeve D16Z6. We have used these in countless street engines that produce up to 400HP on a streetable pumpgas setup."

all of this is in the description for the page you linked.....

your reading skill suck bro.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but what other mods did they do to their block?
They said they made that power but don’t post links to their build/setup. Was it stock or sleeved? Did they notch or naw.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
"We have pushed the limits of these pistons on our own engines and currently hold the world record for horse power on these pistons in a stock sleeve D16Z6. We have used these in countless street engines that produce up to 400HP on a streetable pumpgas setup."

all of this is in the description for the page you linked.....

your reading skill suck bro.

also in the description of your own link

"- Profiled to clear most factory girdles and ZERO block notching is needed."

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/speedfactory-09-vitara-d16-build-2582191/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMFAO Jesus I did miss a lot lol. FML I need to do this at a decent hr and not late at night so I can catch and retain what I read or I'll screw something up that will cost me out the butt....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts