Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to trick/remove the speed limiter on the d17a1 non vtec version of 7th gen civic. and this is for a closed course no where near people or other cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hate the speed restriction.. as far as i know the only way to do it right is HONDATA.
at least with the a2. not sure about the d17a1. btw advancivic is right I believe 140 is close to redline on 5th gear i know that bc my friends got the hondata on his d17a2. if you pass more that 120mph it feels really unsafe...let me know if you find another way tho...

thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
X2 on this, I hate when I get killed on the highway by older integras and shit. I'm boosted I hit 110 and car just ends. it pisses me off.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
Hondata, disconnect vss, or put the vss on a switch. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well my friend and I topped out his em2(ex) at 140
right before bouncing needle in the middle of nowhere with no traffic.
100% bone stock besides suspension

also no vss = no vtec and no speedo so why try that
if your boosted anyways on a em2 you should buy kpro
the other piggyback shit suck

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
didnt pay to much attention but yeah ex's do have vtec-e but no vss/speedo = no vtakkkkkkkkk

didnt pay attention about talking bout non vtecs
I figured.
I dunno why they even say that cars like 01-05 civic's have vtec when its far from the kind you want. D17A2 has vtec xover at 2200 and then you get to run all 16 valves instead of 12. woopty doo.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
How about you try to be a dick? oh wait never mind you master that.
still No vss is dumb anyways
Well the guy wanted to know how to bypass the ecu's speed limiter and that will do it. Dumb? Yes, but so is going that fast on public streets...

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Yet they have composite intake manifolds??
I did like mine while i had it. It did beat a 92 GSR, which to this day baffles me and my friend.
But id be a fool to say id rather have the d17a2 over the k24a2 i have now.
Meh. Lots of vehicles have composite intakes nowadays, its the design on the 7th gen that makes me shake my head. While I whined about it at the time, the more I started peaking under the hood of other vehicles, the less surprised I was to see them.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Meh. Lots of vehicles have composite intakes nowadays, its the design on the 7th gen that makes me shake my head. While I whined about it at the time, the more I started peaking under the hood of other vehicles, the less surprised I was to see them.
You are right, its not out of the ordinary now to see them used ALOT.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
kinda off subject and i dont know a whole lot about the d17 but do they make a better aftermarket I/M for them??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts