Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was out cruising (in Mexico) around and hit the 600 mile mark on my rebuild. I thought, well might as well give her a good hard pull. Somewhere in between 115-120 i hit what I am sure is the speed limiter. When I got home, I double checked and the speed limiter is disabled.

I plan on reburning my map to see if it works properly. However, I am not interested in going out and physically double checking that it is disabled.

Do you think I would be better off enabling the speed limiter and raising it to, say 150?

Anyone ever have this issue?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Crome has given me trouble in a few areas. The shift light activating at the proper rpm is one of them.

Just try what you mentioned. Test it when you go back out for a drive. That's the best way to verify.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crome has given me trouble in a few areas. The shift light activating at the proper rpm is one of them.

Just try what you mentioned. Test it when you go back out for a drive. That's the best way to verify.
That is what I am trying to avoid(long way from Mexico). I have an event coming up on the 5th of August. On the long straight I will be for sure hitting 120 mph(or better is my hope). I am going to be pissed if I'm hitting the limiter on the straight at 115.

crome free or crome gold rom base?

gold is workable if janky and free is pretty garbage
Crome free.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not testing my shift light. However, to answer your question, I am using my stock tach. Shift light is set to 8k rpm's, which lines up pretty close to my stock tack reading.

My concern is the fact that I am hitting a speed limiter, which I have disabled in crome.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Out of curiosity, how are you testing the shift light vs actual rpm? The stock oem gauge?
There's an input for what rpm you want your check engine light to illuminate. I set the input and went out for a drive. It illuminates about 400rpm sooner than what value I entered. I tried at various rpm's and got the same result. There are other issues with crome free. It's still a good tool for familiarising yourself with how a running program works. Neptune and Hondata look similar but crome has little to no support.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Oh, I know how the shift light works lol. Stock tachs aren't very accurate, so there will be a discrepancy.

It does suck that there has been no support for crome for a long time now. I personally haven't heard of any other issues with the speed limiter removal, but I run crome pro. I would think that since it is not actually removing the speed limiter, raising it to like the 150 to 180 range would be a good idea

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would update this thread. I raised my speed limiter to 158 mph and re-enabled the speed limiter and had no more problems. Track day was great 364 problem free miles!!!!

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sir, P28.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts