Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what the specs are on this turbo or what kind it is just by looking at it? can get it for really cheap so just trying to find out. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya he said it was rebuilt but only used it for about 200 miles but im gonna go check it out tomorrow and see how it looks hes selling the whole turbo kit but i just need the turbo its self

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Check the shaft for in-and-out play and up-and-down play. Also check for oil residue on the center section.

Good price, if it was indeed rebuilt. Check the fins closely.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
kind of looks like mine

t3 .42 compressor/.48 turbine /50 trim
you should check the tag under the chra

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thanks alot guys! so he ended up finding out and said it was a t25? so still a good turbo for my d since it will spool up around 3 right? but ya ill check out the tag and make sure i check for shaft play and oil, any way of checking the seals?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
t25 is fine for a stock d-series motor.
when you get it, post pics of turbine housing.
that's what determines what manifold and dp flanges you will need.
most are water cooled as well
i still think its a t3, but can't be sure from just that pic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i will, but i might need something else because im not doing a stock build and looking to push around 300hp. so the t25 might not work for me. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
88 Posts
ya i will, but i might need something else because im not doing a stock build and looking to push around 300hp. so the t25 might not work for me. what do you guys think?
try get a turbo .63 AR that should flow enuff breeze for ur hp goal

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
The only OEM turbo I think that would work well on a DSO build for around 300 would be from a turbo T-Bird or Merkur. Would need to be from a manual trans, for the larger exhaust side housing...but both would be a standard T3 flange too!

If you had the right manifold/flange, a OE Evo VIII-X turbo would work too!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'm telling you guys this thing will do 300 no problem. Look at that inducer. Big wheel stuffed into a small housing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts