what is the length of the rod

rod journal dimention of the crank

big end width of the rod

wrist pin diameter

Ron Greiner
Scat Enterprises
310-370-5501 ext 133
[email protected]
Finally got a email back from scat on custom d15b7 rods and do any of you have these specs I'm trying to get it where I can run my stock piston since the compression is low on the vitarta pistons and I atleast want 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 range for my daily driver build. This might be are ticket to rods for these things.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
what is the length of the rod - 134mm center to center
rod journal dimention of the crank - 42mm
big end width of the rod - dont know exactly
wrist pin diameter - 19mm

Wait for someone to post exact numbers, but these are it.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I would like to see these made in america cause anywhere else and it seems to take forever to get done and then having them when you want it.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
only a couple problems. most importantly is stock pistons are designed for press fit wrist pins, an aftermarket rod is going to be made for floating pins because thats what the market is wanting.

to be made in USA they are going to cost about double what they would be offshore.

stock pistons and aftermarket rods are a waste of time. all that strength (weight) from the rods and then weak ringlands of the stock pistons. i'd recommend finding a forged piston.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One what makes vitaras special? There cast so what makes honda pistons not durable? You can get rods design for press in fittings at your request and right now as long as the rod isn't over 450.00 I think I can bite that? But I'm want it cheaper and scat is pretty reasonable in the domestic market.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also a cast I beam rod would be nice with sum arp rod bolts good to 500chp since most people only would be looking for 300-400 whp with these engines I think.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
the YCP vitaras are cast but are much harder, the top ringland is also about twice as thick (iirc)......

you can probably get them to custom make you a set for press pins but they will be one off and they wont mass produce them because nobody wants them.

dont compare import and domestic parts, its pointless. the markets are alot different.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never heard of honda pistons having problems just the rods.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was trying to find a cheaper alternative for d16 rods awhile back, I contacted alot of people who make rods in the US. All the quotes I got were $800+ for a set... Wasnt RC going to start selling rods for the b7??

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Wow all these posts still no specs?
....REALLY? 2nd post dude. Plus, IIRC Crower posts engine/rod specs:

C-to-C: 5.275"
BE bore: 1.772"
BE width: .899"
PE bore: .748"/19mm
PE width: .710"

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HI Eric

we have not had any Honda rods made with these specs

if you get 20 guys together that needs this rod, have one guy get all the money up front from them,

we can have some made for you @ $ 290.00 set x 80 = $ 23,200.00

it would take about 4 months for us to have them made for you

we would need two factory rods also, one to keep here, one to send to the foundry for sizing

Ron Greiner
Scat Enterprises
310-370-5501 ext 133
rgreine[email protected]
He can do it and thats not a bad price. Just need 20 guys to start this up.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Um, $290 PER rod? Might as well go with a "better" brand. Unless it's a typo or his math is off(20 people*4 rods per set=80), or he's talking about how much needed to be made to have the price that low.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
How did you get that from my comment?

Um, $290 PER rod? Might as well go with a "better" brand.
Crower, Carillo, etc. are all chinese? Matter of fact, Crower has the specs already and sell them for ~$750 for all four.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts