98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
bump...i would like to see this as well

P

·
0 Posts
pitchblacktyper said:
its SLOW and thats all you need to know
aside from the b21 non vtec motor in the old preludes, this is the next to ugliest stepchild honda ever produced.

K

·
0 Posts
im personally looking for pics of the pistons. anyidea where to find that info from

P

·
0 Posts
i think its 7thgencivic.com can hook you up on the pics. just have ta search around on there.

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
The D17 hasn't been developed fully or received enough interest, but is a G engine. Its lite, torquey and has a tested design. It makes plenty of power with current kits like TSI extreme, Dezod, SF stage 2, DH-Racing, etc. 300+whp manual A2 in an HX and you'd be flying ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have plans to use the crank and rods...
Thats not what i was looking for...I want the specs like lenght of the rods..differnce in stroke of the cranks and such..

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
'01+ D17* stroke is 94.4mm, rod length is *said* to be 140mm, piston compression height is *said* to be around 27mm...
I have a D17A2 (EX vtec model) head that I measured chambers, came out to 32.8 cc's

I've been meaning to dig my stuff out & get measurements, have had too many other projects goin on the last few weeks tho...

Hopefully I will get a chance to in the next few days, planning on measuring cc's of pistons also.

If you're trying to put all the stuff in an older D16 block, it does work- do a search on h-t and sohchondas (or see my sig ;-) )

K

·
0 Posts
stmotorsports said:
'01+ D17* stroke is 94.4mm, rod length is *said* to be 140mm, piston compression height is *said* to be around 27mm...
I have a D17A2 (EX vtec model) head that I measured chambers, came out to 32.8 cc's

I've been meaning to dig my stuff out & get measurements, have had too many other projects goin on the last few weeks tho...

Hopefully I will get a chance to in the next few days, planning on measuring cc's of pistons also.

If you're trying to put all the stuff in an older D16 block, it does work- do a search on h-t and sohchondas (or see my sig ;-) )

i did do a search on hondatech. ive found that the whole rotating assemblys fit in the d16block. however the compresion still sucks. under 10.0. what my question is, what pistons can i use or combanation of parts to get a comp ratio of about10.5-11.5

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I guess I will go ahead and tell you my plans...

D16z6 block and head
z6 pistons shaved 3 mms (so they dont stick out the block)
D17 crank, rods and oil pickup

from the person that had this motor , slightly different, used y8 instead of z6 block and head, it gave her 11.3:1 CR.

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
kyosoeg6 said:
i did do a search on hondatech. ive found that the whole rotating assemblys fit in the d16block. however the compresion still sucks. under 10.0. what my question is, what pistons can i use or combanation of parts to get a comp ratio of about10.5-11.5
yep- thats been my entire hold up with my project, finding pistons. I know there has been some people talking about using normal 30mm compression height pistons (D16, non-vtec D15, etc) and just having them machined down to match the deck height, but I haven't spoken to anyone thats successfully pulled it off. I'm thinking of trying to find some d15 vtec or vitara pistons but i haven't been able to find any piston specs on the jdm d15Bs

1 - 20 of 42 Posts