Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a steal on a SPEC stage 3 6 puck clutch for an awesome price, but my highest plans are some boltons(for a LONG time) then once my suspension is done I will invest in a JRSC, the car will be on boltons for about 2 years mabby more I already have an ACT 12lb flywheel Im wondering if this would be a good combo Ive read around and the clutches seem nice and have close to stock feel.

But I know that the clutch is supposed to be the weakest part in your drivetrain, if I dont have that much power and I launch hard the clutch will hold for shure(6puck) something has to give,

basicly im asking if this stage3 6 puck would be safe to use for about 2 years on a bolton 2000 civic EX

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
If you plan on waiting that long, I would just recomend a Street/Strip Sprung Disc. You wont like having to fight w/ clutch all the time, and how aggresive they are when you do shift because they grab immediately.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
this one is a sprung hub...
this is what their site says for the stage 3 level one

Offers sufficient daily drivability with a comfortable pedal feel and quick engagement. Offers good wear characteristics under low and high stress usage.

High clamp pressure plate, 4 or 6 puck carbon semi-metallic friction with high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit. 6 puck is standard on most applications, but 4 puck can be specified when ordering.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
stay away from the spec, it MIGHT last 15k miles.

BTW, daily driving will SUCK and the spider gears might exit the tranny casing.

BTW is WAS a 99 EX tranny :)

Full Face clutch, smooth and your tranny will love you!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
singlecizam said:
there goes that sell
yea, i just got my forms for tax return and I will have enough for the ACT, and I trust transzex. sory man, I was thinking but I really dont want a used one it will wear wrong since its has broken in of your flywheel not mine, sorry man, rep for being cool and sorry you didnt get cash :3some:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts