Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these, will they fit, are they good. I have the springs and have the struts in my cart on car Id. Anything I should know is welcome. I'm a noob so really anything. Lol.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I dig the KYB for daily stuff. I rock em with Skunk2 coils, if you go too low they blow out pretty quick though. They also don't give a soft ride at lowered levels. They are meant more for oem height but for your drop I would say they should work ok.

As far as springs, never heard of those, all I can say is you get what you pay for. I am a whore on the web looking for parts, so if these escaped me I would take caution. Others might be able to head that off and say they are the best, so dont just take my word on it though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive have kyb excel g struts on h&r oe sport springs for about a year now and they work great, kyb claims they can handle up to 1.5 of drop with no problems.. dont get super cheap springs. You can find k sport lowering springs for a low price, just dont go ebay(spec d) cheap youll regret it in the long run plus you dont know what the spring rates will be on those.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
what are your plans? just daily? then the kybs are fine I think for stockish height. if youre going lower, the agx's may be what you'd need.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I had the agx's and really they just offer a change in valving, they allow a bit softer too rough. They still run into the issue of putting the piston too far to one end of the cylinder as they are more for the people staying with in the 1.5 in drop.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I had the agx's and really they just offer a change in valving, they allow a bit softer too rough. They still run into the issue of putting the piston too far to one end of the cylinder as they are more for the people staying with in the 1.5 in drop.
this, the AGX just seems like a different color and a needle valve to "adjust" the shock, not a completely different design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts