Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sparks plugs topics have been discuted before, but not enough for myself...

Which spark plugs is the best for the buck, and reliabitlity , some talk about BKR7ES-11 ? (turbo y7)

Well, better with platinum ? Iridium ? V-groove ? or anything else ?

thanx

C

·
0 Posts
Oscarmayer and beerbongskickass,

Can we keep the personal issues and petty bs in the appropriate forums please? No need to take over other people's threads with your personal disagreements.

Ps, beerbongskickass I'd appreciate it if you'd take that out of your sig, it's only making matters worse

Thank You

Dave

B

·
0 Posts
What are you guys talking about? That link I posted about spark plugs tells you just about everything you need to know. :?

When I dyno tuned my car I used the stock NGK ZFR5J-11 spark plugs gapped them at .044. I had absolutely no problems, but I recently changed to NGK ZFR6J-11 and gapped them at .035. They both have worked really well for my car.

·
i am the walrus.
Civic hatch
1,935 Posts
chasloa said:
Oscarmayer and beerbongskickass,

Can we keep the personal issues and petty bs in the appropriate forums please? No need to take over other people's threads with your personal disagreements.

Ps, beerbongskickass I'd appreciate it if you'd take that out of your sig, it's only making matters worse

Thank You

Dave
No, THANK YOU.

Let's try to get and stay more respectful of one another, to keep the D community strong. I have always hated seeing disputes within communities that are already a minority...

Thanks guys.
sean

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, nowhere I found if the best is platinum, Iridium, or any other models, and the best bang for the buck !?

BKR7E's left at the standard .035 gap , Some guys on honda-tech talked again about that, does it fit on y7 ? how much they cost ?

thanx

B

·
0 Posts
I have the BKR6E's at .30 gap. 6's are good for like 350whp and my automotive store didnt have any 7's so thats why i got these. General rule of thumb is .28 to .32 as the gap for FI.

O

·
0 Posts
well for honda turbo cars, i haev enver had any decent performance on any platium plugs, and actually most of the top tunners i know in person ( liek 4 of them) tell me for any FI app, they highly recommned not using them. they say they can actually increase the problem of detonation and have isues dealing with chambers under fi conditions. Now i'm not totally up to par on the entire details technicially, but to my understand it has to do with how the compression enters the quench area of the head and how the plugs fire it's spart off.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
I second that the NGK 7s work great and keep your motor very safe on a hot day.
As far as best material, Iridium is the hardest out of them, but nothin conducts better than copper(that can go in spark plugs that is).
The fact is i think it would be better to replace my plugs twice a year than shell out 15 bucks a plug for the iridiums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts