Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a while back I had a problem with my engine flooding and was told that my spark plug gapping was wrong? Well I changed my plugs and gapped them to .030, anyway I changed them and the fmu... I was just wandering if the spark plug gap would actually make that much of a difference on a forced induction engine.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
.028, get rid of the fmu and get some kind of engine management.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
start your plugs at .030and go smaller from there. i have two stages colder and gapped them at .028 to start, shit ran like complete ass, switched it over to .030 and it runs great.

edit:to answer your question yes it makes a difference haha

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that crazy how such little differences make such big ones... mine were gapped huge, something like .050. i guess it was big, but it driven it like that for like over a year. no problems... maybee i'll have more power. would that incorrect gap cause flooding?

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
that crazy how such little differences make such big ones... mine were gapped huge, something like .050. i guess it was big, but it driven it like that for like over a year. no problems... maybee i'll have more power. would that incorrect gap cause flooding?
spark will blow out if the gap is to big

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I had already purchased the fmu by the time I was told to check the gapping. The same day I got new spark plugs just to be on the safe side and sure enough the car started right up and ran fine. I didn’t feel like playing detective and swapping in the old fmu for the kicks. I feel like if it’s not broke don’t fix it. So I left it the way it was. Working… lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts