Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Civic Hatchback
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished swapping a d16y8 head with a comp cam onto a y7 block. Any suggestions for the best spark plugs to use??

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
b16 plugs are for a different head, dont use

just get NGK plugs, $8 for 4 plugs at autozone

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Just finished swapping a d16y8 head with a comp cam onto a y7 block. Any suggestions for the best spark plugs to use??
use the same plugs as before, why the need for a change?

or better yet, how about using the OEM suggested Y8 plugs?

Nothing fancy needed.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
i have used b16 plugs in my head no problem the electrode is actually shorter than the zfr d16 plus even safer for the domed pistons
no need, the d series suck with a dome piston

and the b16 plugs arent any different internally then other plugs recommended for honda motors

they simply covered their ass from rod stretch

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i know that DENSO iridium plugs in a 1.5 litre honda fit engine has been shown to make 5-8 horsepower more at the crank with proper tuning...ive always wanted to look into the gains that can be made with Iridium plugs in our d-series engines.

I saw an article on this swap in a modified magazine and apparently the OEM plugs sat farther down into the combustion chamber and by changing to a slightly shorter iridium charge plug it had better burn. this was on the Fit but who knows. might measure my stock ones and get some DENSO's to see if it improves at all.

just an idea

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
DSPORT DECEMBER 2010 has a great section for you to read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts