Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2 steps colder but I need 4 steps colder. does someone have a good PN (no ngk doesn't make the 2 step colder ones in 4 step colder as i already contact them and asked.but for got to ask about 4 step colder.)
so if you got a good part number please post up.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope they are 2 steps colder :/ good thinking though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
oscarmayer said:
I have the 2 steps colder but I need 4 steps colder. does someone have a good PN (no ngk doesn't make the 2 step colder ones in 4 step colder as i already contact them and asked.but for got to ask about 4 step colder.)
so if you got a good part number please post up.
Well, NGK makes plugs that are 5-6 steps colder than what we use stock.

R5671A, non projected tip or R5672A projected tip.

R5671A up #10 heat range, I was using #7's for 85 shot, #8's for 100 shot.

They were suggested by Tom Payn.......the non projected tip transfers heat quicker, less likely to melt.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea Stan @ fast-turbo is getting me a set as tomarrow i take the car to the dyno for it's tuning.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for every 100 hp over stock you need 1 step colder (per ngk),but not to exceed 6 steps colder than stock.

500 hp is 400 over stock so that's 4 steps colder.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You need colder plugs because if the plugs are too hot the can actually ignite the fuel before you want to causing preignition which bad news bears.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honda cranks can handle well over 1000 HP. unles your stroking the engine, you do not need a crank. honda makes the best in the world.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Read my sig and go to the link, it will tell you all you want to know :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts