Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont no much on this but what is the differnece between cheap spark plug wires and like bosch spark plug wires.. is there a point in buying exspensive ones

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was gonna get the bosch ones but i dont know if there is really any point if the type of wires dont make a differnce and if they dont perform any better

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
NGK/Magnacore/MSD

choose one and be done.

·
Registered
787 Posts
ngk ftw

·
Registered
826 Posts
will putting on spark plug wires even help performance? i was told otherwise, that stock worked the same

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Unless your running a race only tubo setup stock are fine. There's no gain from useing anything else in most cases, kind of like putting 100+ unleaded in a stock car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
NGK is the concensus. No, there isn't much of a power difference between sets of wires. The power differences come when you switch from old wires to new ones.

·
Registered
826 Posts
hmm so wires are "mainly" cosmetic pieces...still look bad ass, i might get me some mmhmm

·
Registered
22 Posts
hmm so wires are "mainly" cosmetic pieces...still look bad ass, i might get me some mmhmm
you got it. New wires are better than old worn out wires, its a simple concept. Unless you are running a MASSIVELY upgraded ignition system, anything other than OE/NGK wires are a waste of money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NGK, Spilt fire, Ultra, Nology Hotwire (if much budget)

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
the more expensive wires doesnt really gain any hp but it does help in reliability abit. Thats why i put msd 8.5's on mine because the regular cheap wires you by (valuecraft) i think are just cheap and the connection isnt good at all. They will want to ride up and come off of the sparkplug.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
really the only time you will see gains with plug wires if yours are worn out. just get stock wires. they are made by ngk.

ryan

·
Registered
857 Posts
What does those NGK wires cost in US? I could get OEM ones for around ~60EUR/~$80 here from dealer, expensive? Asked Magnecor, 125EUR for stock 8.5mm and 139EUR for custom-made for Bosch Motorsport wasted-spark coilpack (I have one), I think that's insane price for a few pieces of wire.
Aftermarket supports seems to be pretty low here on Finland on these..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts