Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, got a weird question, (or @ least its weird to me) about getting a vaccum from around the #1 spark plug boot. I recently had the timing belt changed & put a new valve cover on it while it was being done. Well, come to find out everytime I switch my car off I can go around & feel the vaccum on the #1 plug boot. I didn't think you could get a vaccum out of the valve cover, and I've checked the cover's gasket but no luck in getting it stopped. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW its a D16Y8

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
pull the #1 plug and see if there is any oil present. (it could be the spark plug tube seals have gone bad) the oil on the upper side of the plug ie the side that does not go into the combustion chamber is covered in oil you would have the above stated leak....

Hope it helps

-Juan

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
it could be that or a pcv valve.... that was my problem.... but it could be your vtube seals on the valve cover too....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah there was a little bit of oil the first time I checked. Because I thought it was fubar after seeing the oil so I done a compression test and it was almost like new with 125k. I'll get some splug tube seals and see if it helps. The PCV seemed to be fine but I'll check it again after the seals get replaced.
Thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts