Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how you call it guys, but we have 4 pipes with sparks plugs hole (at the bottom in) who connect with valve cover on the dissambled head, How can I remove these 4 pipes to mill head ?

thanx a lot

Another question:
How much may cost valve seals with o-rings spring who retain it ?

Q

·
0 Posts
Why are you trying to take off the spark plug tubes?? When you mill a head they remove metal from the bottem of the head not the top(where the valve cover sets).

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
So your trying to do what..?
If im not mistaken your wasting your valuable time...you only mill the part that touches the block....

D

·
0 Posts
no, this makes perfect sense. Belette is using a general purpose mill rather than a dedicated automotive machine. the difference is that there is no place for the tubes to go. However, this presents some interesting posibilities....
Ok, suppose that he cut the tubes down a bit, why is the valve cover so much taller than it would aparently need to be? Could he then fabricate a custom valve cover? I can not help but wonder what the effect would be...
Bellette, you need to use two 4X4's that have been apropriately shaped to fit around the protrussions on the disassembled head. secure them by either running 2 or 3 lag bolts through and then using some sort of pressure fit to the head or by boxing it in with 2 2 X 8s. then secure in your mill and mill away. Just remember, it wont grow back :) hope this helps

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DseriesScience said:
no, this makes perfect sense. Belette is using a general purpose mill rather than a dedicated automotive machine. the difference is that there is no place for the tubes to go. However, this presents some interesting posibilities....
Ok, suppose that he cut the tubes down a bit, why is the valve cover so much taller than it would aparently need to be? Could he then fabricate a custom valve cover? I can not help but wonder what the effect would be...
Bellette, you need to use two 4X4's that have been apropriately shaped to fit around the protrussions on the disassembled head. secure them by either running 2 or 3 lag bolts through and then using some sort of pressure fit to the head or by boxing it in with 2 2 X 8s. then secure in your mill and mill away. Just remember, it wont grow back :) hope this helps
Yes, you see the point ! normal meeling is not really big, and it's why I would remove those tube, but if I can remove those one and replace it after.. that does nothing, I will send my head for milling (about 30$)... not so bad to comparate trouble made to make a box under head to mill it by myself... !!

thanx a lot :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts