Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm going to replace my spark plugs in my 2000 Civic. I bought some NGKs and the gap is somewhere around .03# and my recommended gap is .044. But on the spark plug box it says not to regap the plugs because it can damage some coil or part on the spark plug so should i leave them at the .03# or just regap them to .044? When i bought them the guy even put the gap needed for my car on the box. So im not sure if i should gap them or leave them go?

I did a quick search so if i overlooked a thread that can help just point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
are you n/a or boosted? if you're n/a then you will probably be fine leaving them at the stock gap. try that and if you have any problems with misfiring, then regap them. i'm boosted and i run ngk plugs with a .025 gap and haven't had a problem so i don't know why it would say you can't regap them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'm running n/a. i put them in just as they were cuz i figured i could regap them if i had to. i keep forgetting what it is but it's about damaging something on the spark plug.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
That's only certain ones. The non-11's can use different gaps, while plugs ending with -11 are suppose to be at .044.

I've heard ~.030-.038 recommended for All-motor or mild boosted setups.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well idk if everybody got what i was saying but the stock gap on the plugs were .044 but the new plugs i got were only like .03# and i wasn't sure if i should have gapped them to .044 like stock or not worry about it. but i left them at .03# and we'll see how they run.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
as long as they were all gapped the same just run them and see how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts