Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 EX I just picked up recently, on my 96 hx I used a strummen exhaust which performed and sounded good. However on this 97 I want to try Greddy out, what I'm looking for is:
a) nice lil pep in the power range..mid level or so
b) Normal noise level, keep PoPo from swinging on da sack
c) Catback, least amount of bends
Any feed back would be much appreciated, I'm even open to other exhaust that you may think is a better match.

Mace

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok ..let me try this again...ANY feedback or an opinion on a decent cat back system that you or your friends have used on the Civic that has given alittle more pep to your civic's step. WITHOUT letting your dead uncle bill know your coming down the street. Once again, your VAST product knowledge would be MUCH appreciated.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i guess i'll take a shot. Yea, go with the greddy catback if you dont want to worry about noise levels and it SHOULD give you some power from mid range and up, It'd work better if you had headers though. The civic si w/ edelbrock headers gained 6.5 hp/1.3tq after the greddy catback was bolted on. I dunno how much it would help with a stock y8.... You could also look into the apex n1 catback, my friend has it and its pretty quiet.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
greddy is a good exhaust. I have an EVO on my 99 ex. it's quiet fits good. I didn't notice a power gain though, but my header is on the way. when you add an exhaust, you really don't gain more than 3 hp. it's when you have header back that you gain some numbers.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback both of you. I'm in the process of taking the advice of buying the header. I think I'll pick up the DC Sport 4-1 with the carb exempt number. I figure I'll pick up a little pep, without Smog issues.
But I never thought about Edelbrock's header..hum..but the Evo didn't seem to add much gain is good feedback. I'll keep that in mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts