Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas... so i was informed that
Bubba over at Do-it-dyno isnt the best choice for SoHC.

a homie told me to head over to Frankie @ Gspot auto that he knows whats up..
how ever the homie rocks a k20 so eh..

seeing as how we on D-series org

anyone in SoCal.. whered u get your tuning and hows its holding up??

thanks for any help fellas

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
church is good , bisimoto , gopowermotorsports also in hesperia i think

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
you need hondata if you want bisimoto to tune it and I think $165/hr

I've heard horror stories from church but they offer flat rate first time tuning sessions.

I had a good experience with Import Auto Pros I took my friends B16A turbo to them charged me $260 but they took their time (all day) to tune it.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Isnt there a list of tuners in Cali... or around the states here on the D?? I saw it once but cannot find it anymore.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
G-spot is a cool spot. I didn't know Franky tunned lol.
That's a one stop shop for anything you need. Lotta people talk shit about him. I never got burned.

Church is pretty good as far as I heard. I'm planning to go there soon. My cousin went there.

But if you're ballin, go to Bisimoto :biggrin:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i never heard bad shit about church either only reason i would go to him is cause they have flat rate turboedit tuning which is cool if i feel im incapable of doing it myself. i have never heard anything bad about bubba either and he has done some single cam set-ups as well.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i have experience with both shops... im sure ive said this before...

my friend had a stock y8 we put a greddy kit on it and took it to bubba it made 188 at 14psi when we left it was pinging like no tomorrow so i called and he told me to turn down the boost... we just paid whatever amount to get tuned and now we have to turn down the boost ?

then i built a vitara motor for my friend and i tuned it from the beginning we were pushing 10 psi on the greddy with a 3bar map this time... car ran fine for 8 months like this.. my friend took it to church and unhooked the wastegate it stopped at 15psi and it ran fine for 2 months then cracked a ringland... i put new pistons in it put a bigger turbo and external gate took it back to get retuned at 14psi on the big turbo and it lasted 3 months before it cracked a ringland...

soo idk ive heard great things about both shops just my friend personally hasnt had good experience... i looked at church's tune and the first time he was running 440cc injectors and they had it set for 330??? and then on the big turbo we got 660cc and they had them set for 500cc so i didnt understand that at all....

but like i said i have heard great things about both shops just my personal experience was no bueno

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just looked at Churches...
i had to give back the chipped p28 ecu to the homie so now i just have the stock p28...

Listed on their services/flat rate prices...

Services

does anyone know if that includes chipping or would that end up being like another 500 bucks ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i never heard bad shit about church either only reason i would go to him is cause they have flat rate turboedit tuning which is cool if i feel im incapable of doing it myself. i have never heard anything bad about bubba either and he has done some single cam set-ups as well.
Please dont go to church, don't even call, you be lucky for someone to answer the phone. As for TE, they are 5yrs behind. They will ask you to use your program (the new version of TE). If you need help I'm up to date and played with it enought to know and be comptable.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
i wouldnt go to bubba for SOHC. he wasnt very informative and his $250 "tune" 25 minute long:consisted of 5 total dyno pulls and he maxed out my friends 450cc injectors at 197whp 171lbs ... hmm so by me saying this i wouldnt really rely on him for SOHC. oh and he tunes on chrome free / no data logging.......... not sure about other people but this is how he tuned my friends car basic AFR no ignition stuff done to it. as for churchs i believe that they try and to max out horsepower and all that by running more aggressive timing maps and this usually leads to failure of motor over time and other factors of course but just saying hit or miss with churchs they have great tunes and not so great never heard of a sohc tuned there tough

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
boo..=\ i was just gonna say f' it and take it to bubba...i called autowave they want 880 for a tune and Ecu chipping..

i can get the old ecu back but as far as i know it was chipped by Do-it-dyno.. It was for sure tuned by him so im not sure what software he uses..

shamefully i might still go to do-it-dyno..=\
its either than or Gold Autos up in rialto.. no dyno... its street tune but he did a decent job with my d15 swap.. 880 is a bit too much imo for a tune..

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Please dont go to church, don't even call, you be lucky for someone to answer the phone. As for TE, they are 5yrs behind. They will ask you to use your program (the new version of TE). If you need help I'm up to date and played with it enought to know and be comptable.
I also had the problem of getting a hold of them on the phone. After leaving a few messages someone finally contacted me when I was all ready at Import Auto Pros.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
emailed import auto pros... maybe ill go with them.. not to far away... im curious to a street tune but im really looking forward to have power and im not sure if a street tune has that capability.. hope i hear back from them soon.. i just want this boost so i can move onto exterior looks

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
emailed import auto pros... maybe ill go with them.. not to far away... im curious to a street tune but im really looking forward to have power and im not sure if a street tune has that capability.. hope i hear back from them soon.. i just want this boost so i can move onto exterior looks

import auto pros tunes/ i think built (breezys turbo integra) that thing is fast and have yet to see it blow up lol... bubba is cool to he has tuned few fast cars under his belt and is working on a 8-9 sec crx now. im just sharing my expierence. a street tune usually only dials in AFR not messes with ignition maps. its best to go full dyno and much safer than street pulls

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
ericks racing is also good but ive seen a few blown up cars. eh i mean its all up to you again.

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
I recommend the guys over at Import Auto Pros. They tuned my Y8+T twice, my brothers Integra+T twice, and a friends ITR.

Really friendly guys that charge a flat rate and they take as long as it takes to tune your car. None of this 5 pull bullshit ive been reading about. They did like 15 pulls on my hatch and like 14 on my brothers Integra.
They also tune for over all power and a nice power band, not for max HP like some tuners do which leads to unreliable set ups.

Thats my last dyno sheet. .63 trim eGay set up @11psi w/ 440cc DSM black tops. It did 230whp but I had them detune it a bit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts