Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
People have asked what my car sounds like, and I took some various videos last night, so I thought I'll post em for the forum. Some quality is lost in the upload, so its hard to see the needles on the gauge, but if you try you still can.

1) Idle, and 2nd gear and some of third (with a long shift, it was difficult to hold the camera and shift):
removed, available on request.

2) 2nd gear pull from 3000 rpm to redline:
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/Eyal951/?action=view&current=allmotorD16004.flv

3) 3rd gear pull from 3000 rpm to redline (you can see how once it gets into the higher rpm, it starts to pull harder):
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=allmotorD16002-1.flv?t=1171315246

Should be interesting to see how the new hybrid transmission will change the acceleration.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
Nice.Sounds good!Was the tranny hard to tear apart and put together ive got mine apart but wearry about putting all the gears in and everything.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the hard part is figuring out what everything does, but once you do, its a snap. I strongly recommend using the helms to make sure everything is the right direction and in order. I'm still working on the tranny.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well the ITB's are currently under construction. This summer, I will port the head , aftermarket valves (probably supertech) and upgrade to the stage 3 cam from the stage 2. I'll have to pull the pistons and rods so I can install arp rod bolts since I'm tuning for third harmonic at about 8K (I might be able to hit 2nd harmonic before 8500 if I'm lucky) I am aiming for 160-165 WHP with the DC 4-1 headers. I don't think after everything, i'll be able to afford a bisi or smsp header, but if I can, you bet I will run one. My build will be begging for it. My hybrid tranny is close to being finished as well. (there is a build thread in the tranny section on that) And Koni yellow SP3 and ground controls (400f/500r) are sitting here next to me. Install this weekend probably.

Buttonwillow in april I think.

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice going to be a real good setup when ur done let me know how those stage 3 work cause i was going to upgrade to those when i get my portflow head

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice going to be a real good setup when ur done let me know how those stage 3 work cause i was going to upgrade to those when i get my portflow head
I will definelty post about it. You must be a B series guy since you keep mentioning the cam in plural form. ;) I only need one to make what a b18c5 makes with 2! (just don't build that c5 on me, then I have nothing to brag about!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey! that sounds nice. with the cam, you don't have to listen carefully. you'll know when vtec engages.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks good, gives me an idea of how mine will sound :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts