Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy on HMT selling a Garrett T3 42/48 that's used but he says has no oil leaks or shaft play for 165 shipped. He said the outside just needs a little cleaning. He claims that he has vouches on there and on Honda-Tech...Im just not sure about it. He said he can't get pics for another week but that I can buy it now. Im not really sure if I trust how good of condition the turbo is in or not. Im trying to decide between that and the deal from WestCoast-Turbo. I can get a 60/48 from them in a week for around $340 shipped that's been rebuilt. What do you guys think? Here's the link... http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=51785.0 The one in the pic is sold but he PMed me and said that he has another one just like it. All input is really appreciated. I don't want to waste my money.

C

·
0 Posts
honestly, after numerous bad experiences with used turbos of unknown origin, i suggest spending a little more once rather than less 3x./ thats just my personal experience.

a 42./48 in ok shape is a 110 dollar turbo at most all day

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that was pretty much my thinking too. I can get an almost brand new bigger turbo for just a little more money. I just wanted to know someone else's opinion on it. I'll just get the 60/48 from WestCoast. Thanks as usual man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts