Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have a thread or two from a while back, but i wanted to have a single, build/progress thread. So, here goes. From start, to current!

So, after having my EK sedan for over 5 years, I decided it was time to move on. Onto something different and not so comon.

My old EK Sedan:

2/28/10
So, I found this baby on a local forum, and fell in love with it. So, I went and picked it up. Everything checked out, and I trailered it home, 40 something miles. Southern driven car, garaged in the winters. Not a spot of rust on the frame.

'94 del Sol S
stock D15b7 with 218k on it, and it runs like its brand new!

Heres a short mod list:

Tokico Blue struts
Tein S tech springs
Blue billet aluminum rear lower control arms
front lower sway bar
14" American Racing Rims with Honda center caps
Mugen replica steering wheel
Type R replica shift boot
DA maplights

Here's the only picture I have of it that I took. Sorry its at night and from my cell phone. Once I get her all cleaned up, I'll take her out for a real shoot. So for now, here's a teaser.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update Winter 2012

So, after a few minor altercations in my life (divorce, trying to finish college, unemployment, etc), I'm back with a few minor updates.

Mugen Lip....Test Fit:

Painted waiting to be installed:

Got my spare P06 ECU Chipped and tuned by my good buddy Jay Conasta over at SpiderRPM...

Installed my NGK AFX WIdeband Controller and Sensor...(was on a cold start....)

Installed a new 4-2-1 Header...

An AEM Short Ram Intake with Dry-Flow filter...

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And what would an intake and header be without an Exhaust...

Update Winter 2012 Pt. 2

BAMF!

Huge thanks to my good buddy Xpl0d3r for the assistance with this.

Lip Mounted...New Air Holes

No Keys, Push To Start

Plans for the up-coming year include (but are NOT limited too, and in no particular order...)
New drivers door (current one is all mangled and bent to s***)
Flat blue rattle can (once bodywork is 100% it will be either a gunmetal or blue or purple...haven't decided yet...)
B20Vtec :shock:
Personal/Momo Steering Wheel
EK9 Fogs
Szady Tuned :?:

Question, comments, and concerns are greatly appreciated, but not required.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why not turbo that bad boy?
I've been running D-Series since I first got a Honda almost 7 years ago. Looking for something different for a change. I'd LOVE to go H-Series, but I don't want to cut apart shit just for the shifter cables.

those seats look awesome, how much did they run you?
I paid $250 WITH the rail for the one Recaro. Found a guy who offered ME that, because he was just trying to get rid of the damn thing. Had to drive 4 hours ONE way to pick it up, but for that price, I didn't care.

That's a real nice clean delsol u have there :bigok:
Thank you, sir. :)

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
that sol looks great, man.

i kinda like better the old wheels it came with... guess those are either eagle or american racing wheels.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sol looks great, man.

i kinda like better the old wheels it came with... guess those are either eagle or american racing wheels.
Thanks dude. Yea, the wheels that came with it are American Racing wheels. I like them, b/c they're light. BUT, all 4 are bent. Anytime I went over 40mph the steering wheel shook like a bastard. After looking at them, they're all bent. It's not worth it to get them fixed..I'm going to just get new ones eventually. Plus, I HATE black rims.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small update... Got the lip fully mounted, removed my Aux lights because they never worked (made a functioning air vent), and installed my S2000 push start. :)

Lip Mounted...New Air Holes

No Keys, Push To Start

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice sol, good luck
Thanks!

I dig the LED cluster, looks good man.
Thanks! I love it, myself!

I just love that wheel, can i has it?
Sure can. Here's a link to it.
Honda Civic 92 95 Hub Steering Wheel Beginner Badge | eBay

It came on the car, and the guy I bought the car from offered to trade the OEM wheel for the wheel and hub that was on the car. Since I perfer the OEM wheel over that one, I swapped it.

the led setup looks great, did you use a how to for it? if so happen to have a link?
Thanks. I did not, actually. It's very simple. Head over to SuperBrightLED's.com, and find the bulbs, and color you want. All you do is pull the glass bulb out of the socket, and insert the LED. Simple as that. No more hard-wiring LED's in our cars. I've replaced EVERY light inside the car except for my AutoMeter gauges (which I plan on doing soon, too). If you need help with any of the LED's, feel free to PM me. Glad to help!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts