Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea whats wrong.....I havent done anything to her engine wise but im starting to get this noise thats getting louder.

Description:
When i drive my car around and its warm i stop at a stop light or at home the engine idles but all of a sudden the idle will dip about 200 rpms then a howling noise will come out of the TB. It will make this noise for a couple minutes then the rpms will bounce back up to 750 rpms and it will idle normal without the noise.... I have no cels no other problems eithier.

It seems that something in the IM or Engine itself is making that noise and spitting it out of the TB.... Ill try to get it on video and post a vid but any ideas what it could be....what could make my car drop rpms and make that noise???

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
anny acc. coming on (alternator, ps pump, ac) would make the idle come down... as far as the sound, I need a clip to tell. prolly just a resonance.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no im not i took that out long time ago...everything is stock on the car cept intake header and exaust..but it was making this noise before header.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok... heres the clip http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WSJA6TA6DINI06CXOHX8TDFJL

It has 3 stages...
1)What my car with intake on sounds normal
2)The funny noise with the intake on
3)Funny noise with intake off and camera next to TB

You will notice in the 3rd phase the noise goes on then all of a sudden just stops which keeps weirding me out.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
first, Adjust your valves.... lol...

second, do you have any leaks?? IM or otherwise?? to me it sounds like air whistling

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to adjust my valves...never done it though...if u turn it up u can hear it. it actually sounds like its sucking air in around the the inside of the butterfly in the TB...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
try playing with your idle like i said philips screw right about the tb
could be to low or to high thats what i found out thanks to levi..
what does it sound like when you hit the gas? when i had my cai on it was loud as hell like that

id take a vid of mine but i cant put it on my computer

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
honestly that thing sounds just fine. the intake is recent right? sounds just fine to me, i didnt hear anything out of the oridinary. car runs damn quiet.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
check all connections to throttle body. how does your throttle cable feel? has the car been running at higher temps? does the fan kick on when the idle jumps? possibly your iacv needs to be cleaned, i had that problem in my accord.

if all else fails..................

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to clean everything...got any links on howto clean IACV and adujust TPS?

·
Banned
181 Posts
STOPPPP!!!

you dont need to adjust your TPS. you would get a CEL if that was out of whack.

you can clean the IACV (idle air control valve) nut then again, when they go bad, you'll get a CEL. still, cant hurt.

you should adjust your idle.... idle screw, and throttle cable.

adjust valves ;) but that doesnt have to do with the whistling

check vacuum lines.

also.... FICV (fast idle control valve) these can loosen up with NO check engine lights. remove it, clean it, tighten all screws.

besides that, your engine sounds okay.

·
Banned
181 Posts
get another video of you giving it a little gas too....

after that it might be a little easier to help you. :)

good luck, but i dont think you have much to worry about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts