Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay heres the deal. just gotta get someone to OK me before i go tune.

dont care what i tune with, just as long as its done.

build:
dual cam ZC
9.8:1
AR 63/60

all the good stuff, rods, wiescos, acl's and arp's, built tranny and clutch.

O2 port for wideband
p06, chipped stock obd1 dohc zc map
obd1 dohc zc dizzy
precision 680's
stock map, going.. 10, ah mabye 11psi

only looking for 230whp, for now. 680's too much for that #? ANY thing else i should need? anything that you dont see as compatable for the setup??

thanks in advance,

matt

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would get a Motorola 2.5 bar map sensor at least. They are very cheap(~15-35$). When you use the stock map sensor you can only set boost cut to what the sensor can read(10-11psi) So you have to run lower boost then that to be safe.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
stock map sensor is not good enough. upgrade.

it might "work" for a certain amount of time, but it is certainly not good enough.

and when u change it, your car requires a complete retune. sooooo, get at least a 2.5bar which should be good till about 20psi

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay okay, i was trying to keep it simple but lol, that never works!

engine.

dohc zc
wiesco's 9.8:1
nippon rings
eagle rods
acl race bearings(larger oil holes)
arp head studs
delta turbo cams, stock valvetrain
5angle on head
balanced, polished all the good stuff
aem fuel rail,pressure reg bla bla
JG cam gears
transmission:
syncrotec syncros, bearings
lsd
lsd motorsports clutch, rated 400lbs tq.
indigo racing flywheel

all balanced.

turbo.

miniram, 8in of exhaust, 3inch pipe
AR 63/60

motorola map sensor (okay okay ill wire it up real quick!!!!!!)lol

looking for 230 to the wheels, ill use the map sensor i have, i just want to know if you think im going to run into any problems with my fuel injectors, computer or tune itself with what i have!!!

thanks
(its not finished, bare with me.)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Do not use that manifold! Change it now while everything is still
apart and easily accessible....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What, my chinsey 100 xs mani? Its okay, I just want to have some fun with it for a bit, im changing turbo and manifold in the spring when I go for 350whp

So, can I tune with what I got?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i'd be suprised if that manifold makes it 100 miles....hell it'd prolly end up cracking while your on the dyno getting tuned to be honest

not dogging you at all, just we have all learned from experience.....those manifolds used to have issues with not being braced well, after alot of complaints they started bracing them very well, but to keep costs down had to cut corners to cover the cost of the added bracing.....to do so they used alot thinner piping for it.....i have seen 10psi split a runner in two, not break on a crack but actually split the pipe

ebay cast mani is like 75 shipped .....as much money as you've spent just man up and by it before you waste the money on a tune

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
you can but it will be a waste of your money. youll just need a retune when you get a new manifold. ive seen wastegates break completely off on those manifolds and drag down the road. and it WILL crack soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am with these guys, Why "waste" the money on a tune that is good enough for now when you can spend the extra $100 and get a map sensor and a new manifold. Or if you are going for a new turbo/mani setup then why not just wait all together untill you are really ready for the tune. Tuning isn't exactly cheap and you will have to start basically all over with a new map and turbo setup. But if cash is no issue for you then go for it, your stock map will get you up to about 10 psi, but hope it doesnt spike over that, and hopefully your mani wont fall off on your way to the tune.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ha dont worry it already split, 3 days into running it... i knew it would... so i sent it to a friend of mine, who spends 40hrs a week at his own shop, "stainless exhausts" and he welded the crap out of it for me... its been on there for like 6 months now(7lbs running), no problems at all. my other friend owns his own dyno, so not a big issue for tuning itself. what i really wanted to know...

i went obd1 for about an hour before... distributer took a crap on me. i have the chipped p06, xenocron harness, motorola map sensor, 680cc precision turbo injectors, and new distributer king obd1 dohc zc distributer.

with this, am i ready to tune?
youve convinced me on the map sensor... now..

is the p06 okay?

are the 680cc injectors too big for a simple 230whp???

is there anything else im missing???

thanks again!!!

-matt

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
is the p06 okay?Yes

are the 680cc injectors too big for a simple 230whp??? Yes they are fine, too big but a good tuner can adjust for them

is there anything else im missing??? As stated before, just change out that manifold, or just take the chance. You can pick up a ebay log manifold and it will be good enough until you change things later

thanks again!!!

-matt

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you! I have a log manifold but it sits the turbo too low, no oil drain. Im going with a bigger, better turbo and a top mount mani in the spring, 20psi and hoping for 350whp. Thanks for the help!

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
obviously u arent going to make any changes so just go tune it. whats the worst that can happen? other than your tuner hating you for bringing him a piece of shit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.