Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is what im looking at, JHPUSA Brake Booster Delete & Wilwood Compact Master Brake Cylinder - JDM Honda Parts USA

The main reason, I think it looks BAD ASS!
From what ive read, most people on this forum have said its a bad idea. Is it really that bad? I've seen some people refer to it as driving an older car, but i've never. I want to use it on my build for my engine bay. I'm doing a complete wire and brake line tuck shaved bay and i think it would compliment it well. But im concerned as far as safety.

just looking for some opinions. thanks

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
why dont you do this... just to see what you are getting yourself into.

Cap the vac port from the IM, and leave the hose to the brake booster just dangling there.

Go for a drive.

Can you deal with that brake feel 100% of the time?

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Power breaks are so nice.

I remember I had a chevy truck that the ignition module was acting up on, and when it would die I would lose all vacuum to the booster,

Fuck that shit. Dont delete your booster. Do not. Do not. Do not.

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why dont you do this... just to see what you are getting yourself into.

Cap the vac port from the IM, and leave the hose to the brake booster just dangling there.

Go for a drive.

Can you deal with that brake feel 100% of the time?
you sir are genius. I didnt think/know I could do that. I shall try this out

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
91 CRX DX
226 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Still isn't going to make it look as nice
Having a supermodel girlfriend that you only see on Skype looks nice too but I'd much rather have a functional relationship with a real human being. If you catch my drift.

My booster died on me once and I had to cap off the hose with a huge bolt (like farmer said) and my car was absolutely undrivable. Keep in mind at one point in my life I was squatting close to 500 lbs (and I'm not talking about this pussy leg press machines either).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Reminds me of driving my old 56 beetle. (RIP)

Brake brake brake brake, why isnt the car stopping, a little more brake, skiirrrrrrrrrrrrr, whew that was close....

Allllll the time....because I was use to power brakes. If you arent accustomed to driving a car without power brakes, dont do it.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
I would take the booster off and paint it. You don't have to go plain jane black either. You can put a design into and make a plaid or skull or even a tribal design onto it and then clear it.

EDIT: My 88 chevy s10 came factory with no power brakes and it absolutely sucked balls. Everyone that drove my truck came back and said something is wrong with your brakes.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I know where you live I will come out and smack you in the face if you do this? That good enough for you?

Man its just not safe don't do it unless you never plan on having your family in it or driving it on public roads!

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Is this a street car? If so, keep the booster. Is this a drag/race only car? If so, MAYBE delete the booster (however, I'd advise against it). Disconnect the line, see if you can live with it. If so, and you're confident in your braking abilities, then ok. However, I will echo everyone else and say to just remove, clean, pain, and reinstall the stock booster if it's still functional. The piston on that JHPUSA master cylinder is 1.12", so it's a good size (and without a power booster, the bigger the cylinder bore, the better).

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I think booster deletes are ugly as hell.

If you care what I think, you have your reason. If not then carry on with your quest to be like all the other carpet queens.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
It feels nothing like what people are saying with unhooking the booster. Odds are everyone saying don't do it has never driven a car with one. I did it in my hatch. Looks better imo when your shaving and tucking a bay. I've got one sitting on the shelf for my integra. It's a fully polished wilwood booster delete and a fully polished tilton cmc

if you rearend someone because you couldn't push the pedal or something have your gf hold your purse and man up.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I drove a CRX for 2 years without power brakes it sucked I would never recommend it personally everyone who drove my car thought it was scary as hell and most refused to ever drive it again but I was broke and didn't have much of a choice. I do think the delete looks tons better but I prefer function over forum?!?!?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts