Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a head stamped "P08-6" and the intake's stamped "P10 PT-4". I've searched and found people asking about the same code, but no solid answers.

Anyone running one of these that can tell me what it is, and maybe what block(s) would suit it, would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
is a v-tec head?????

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i know that the z6 head is a p08-6, but im not sure on yours

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ok found it.....
it the head of a 93 si d16z6 5-speed

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it's a v-tec head. Okay, so that's the USDM version? My bud wasn't sure since he traded for it, but he was thinking it might have been the Japanese version. I couldn't confirm it based on my own research, but the closest speculation I found said maybe Canadian? How did you look it up?

By the way, I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious. Thanks for your help bro!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
if u dont mind trow some rep since in new on this site

thanks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'd seen the P08-4 reference for the 93 si head, but not for the P08-6. That's what had me confused. Honestly I don't know the significance of the suffix numbers on these, and I'll have to check for the 9/3 stamping on the head.

Repped for the assistance man, thank you.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
my bad, i had it back-wards!!! but if u check at the bottom of the page where all the forums for engine building are posted ull se one the says "engine built has begun" ask that guy his using the exact same head for his motor

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
naww i dont see why ur worried about it, the only real difference is between the p08 (z6) the p2j (y8) and the pm4 (d15b JDM), and the only thing the changes is the deck heigth and the size of the combustion chamber, and meaby the cam (not sure)

take a look at this, it migth help make things clear

http://www.carspower.ru/calccompd.html

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, I'll check it out.

I was only concerned about the specific origin of the head in case there were any other differences that would pop up to haunt me later on.

Like "Well, the P08-6 was totally different in this one aspect. That's why you just blew your motor up." ha ha Thanks again, man.

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, from what I've found so far, this is basically the Japanese production stamp for a z6. The block (not in my hands yet) is apparently stamped 'd16a'.

Only trying to ID it to figure out compatibility and compression ratios based on USDM z6 numbers. Anyone else got anything? Thanks for any guidance/speculation/experience.

By the way, thanks for that last link, junkyardcreations.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ok... i did some more research and apparently there the same shit....the reason for the difference in the numbers its because obviously one is JDM and the other is USDM and there only a 3-4 hp difference between the two, and that because the JDM Intake manifold is different for the USDM one, but the motor is the exact same shit just marked different because of the market....

BTW here is the number for the jdm IM: P32 IPT-1
and the USDM: P08 HF-1

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
and dont spend the extra money trying to find the d16a block cuz it uses the same internals as the d16z6

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ohh and if it came out of a 96-00 JDM coupe then is not V-tec, is a Vtec-E and that motor only put out about 120hp compared to the 130 on the earlyer versions, but the only real difference in the setups is the fuel management

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
:done:

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, plenum and runners on the intake def seem different. I bet that extra 3-4 is toward the top end, eh?

BTW, I've already got a line on the 'a' block, just haven't picked it up from my bud. Plus it needs honing, so I'm either gonna take the opportunity to have it bored out a bit while I'm at it, or jump on a USDM z6 if I can find a decent one on the cheeep side. (I know, yea I'm broke.. ha ha)

As it is now it looks like I'll be looking toward appropriate pistons next, for nothing-too-crazy NA, maybe a 50-shot if I get bored with it in a year. I don't want to set the ceiling too low in that department.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
yeah unless ur getting a really GOOD deal for that A block, ur better off finding a z6 with decent miles (about $200-50 at a yunk yard), or do the same as im doing and get a d15b7 block and slap that head on it, it will give u a healthy 10.2:1 compression, and if u go with this setup, later on u can get some p29 pistons and get some more compression out of her,
and if ur thinking about a 50 shot i recomend I/H/E, a good FPR, some ARP head studs, and MSD is never a bad idea

just remember that a 50 shot is all that ur stock injectors can handel on a dry kit before u start runing lean (NOT GOOD), anything higher than that, go to a wet setup or get some bigger injectors

1 - 20 of 24 Posts