Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Right.It does need a vacuum line to the fpr.Sorta like an fmu. It raises the fuel pressure to compensate for the nitrous..raised pressure=extra fuel.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
nitrous pressure is bleed off to the FPR to clamp it down to raise the fuel pressure.

You use different size bleed jets for the different shot. The smaller the jet, the less pressure is bleed into the vacuum port of the intake manifold, thus more pressure applied to the fuel pressure regulator diaphram.

in this pic my ZEX hoses weren't hooked up, winter driving......

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
seems like a hack to me

I'd only run a dry kit with a standalone.

Not got a tuneable ecu? Get a wet kit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dont use a dry kit without a standalone, On my boys zex dry kit (65shot) the box only raised the fuel pressure 6psi, the car ran very lean ( wideband) the whole way through the rpm range

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
right, I never had a problem with upgraded fiel pump which I believe is suggested in the instructions.

What jets was your buddy running?

Did he read the plugs?

Was the lines attached with hose clamps?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My zex kit was also fine.All I had were ford probe gt 310's and an safc.That was for a 75 shot.Maybe your friends fuel pump was worn.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We both run 255lph pumps since the day we swapped our engines. As far as jets go that was back when we were on the 65 shot pills, i dont rember. We run our dry kits through hondata now. Why bother reading plugs when you have a wideband, Lean is Lean dosent matter if the plugs say it our the wideband. I personally watched his FPR when he sprayed on the dyno and it only raised the fp about 6psi. That was my expierience i am sure others have done better.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Are you asking why dont they recomend the zex kit for turbo applications or why is raising fuel pressure shitty for turbo setups but ok for nitrous?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I always thought it was because they assumed you were running an fmu or some other rising rate type fuel pressure regulator and that plus runing the zex box would equal some seriously high fuel pressure at wot plus spraying.

I have actually seen a few people run both.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Are you asking why dont they recomend the zex kit for turbo applications or why is raising fuel pressure shitty for turbo setups but ok for nitrous?
it's a shitty hack for both

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
it's a shitty hack for both
It is when used improperly,aka I want to run too much nitrous on old tired injectors and a 15 year old fuel pump.Lots of people have run the zex box no problem.Dry bigger injectors,chipped ecu or safc and walbro is about as safe and as tuneable as you can get besides going full standalone with a direct port kit and having the ems add the fuel via the injectors.Dry kits aren't the best way but I like them better then wet kits on certain cars up to a certain hp point for a shitload of reasons

Don't have to worry about fuel distribution problems
Don't have to worry about fuel pressure drops when activating the system
Don't have to worry about fuel atomizing right
Don't have to worry about fuel puddling
Dont have to worry about nitrous backfires
Don't have to worry about the closest cylinder to the jet being lean

This is from someone whos ran both.Lol my girlfriend runs a wet kit on her celica gt-s.Those cars can't use dry kits because of the lack of a fuel return line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts