formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upgrades to do next week:

660cc to 1000cc injectors
50 trim to sc60 turbo
new tuning from 17psi to 20psi.

Hope this could help to reach my goal of low 11´s this year.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not to be a dick kitt88, but couldn't this wait till next week to post? just saying....

LOL, just trying to get some opinions or recomendations from you guys.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I choose the sc60 cause is rated at 590 whp, that means it flows better tahn my 50 trim.

I need more top end power, and I don´t care too much about the lag, I can handle the lag with ectune,

And about the injectors, need to run the resistor with them, but is no problem, cause I already have one on my 660cc´s.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
1000cc's? what the hell do you need those things for lol

that turbo might be a little more laggy then you think

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1000cc injectors, cause maybe I´m going with e85. If I go with race gas or fuel pump, I´ll be on the safe side.

Hope I can handle the lag, setting up very good everything on ectune.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
780cc and youll be safe with room for more...

and if you mean like setting up antilag, and full throttle shift... that kills turbos, thats why most drag cars which see alot of antilag/full throttle shifting are hybrid turbos, because you can rebuild them, rather then screwing up a ball bearing turbo

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this sc60 is 360 journal bearing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Kitt i dont mean to rain on your dream but from my experiences, changing the varibles so often in ur setup before u have it really dialed in can just hurt u....basically what im saying is thats a lot of money spent when u could up the boost on the 50 trim....ur basicallly switching up ur setup and the drivablity to seat time is going to change...good luck tho and let us know how it goes! back in the day when i had my old 10psi setup....i gained 1 sec faster learning from my self and changing small things on my setup instead of the setup itself...what i learned from my brother was that he was always trying to change his setup if something "wasn't RIGHT" or he wasnt reaching his goal...it caused him to not ever reach the "GOAL" because the varibles was always changed and THE WAY u had to drive it ....... just my opinion...

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kitt i dont mean to rain on your dream but from my experiences, changing the varibles so often in ur setup before u have it really dialed in can just hurt u....basically what im saying is thats a lot of money spent when u could up the boost on the 50 trim....ur basicallly switching up ur setup and the drivablity to seat time is going to change...good luck tho and let us know how it goes! back in the day when i had my old 10psi setup....i gained 1 sec faster learning from my self and changing small things on my setup instead of the setup itself...what i learned from my brother was that he was always trying to change his setup if something "wasn't RIGHT" or he wasnt reaching his goal...it caused him to not ever reach the "GOAL" because the varibles was always changed and THE WAY u had to drive it ....... just my opinion...
Thanks Bro, In fact my goal with that turbo was high 11´s, and I reach my goal.

But I´m upgrading my setup cause I found 2 great deals and I can´t refuse it,

Really appreciate your comments, and you are rigth, In a little more than a year a jump from 13´s to 11´s, and wish to get into the high 10´s, maybe is gonna be a fast transition, but hopefully everything will work fine.

Drag strip is like drugs

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
I thought you were going to use the 50 trim...

The SC60 will be laggier and for your power goals and times expected it will be kinda overkill, specially on stock sleeves.. With the 50 trim or even the 57 trim you can even run 10's and will be cheaper.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts