Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Nice build, I'm getting set up to go down this same path (So far, I got my intake manifold lol), I think running a breathed on Z6 should be a good time...I'm going to go back and read the whole thing (lol, thought it was longer for some reason), can't wait to see how this comes out!

However, if you hope to out-run super secret experimental government aircraft, you better start looking into a k-swap lol...jk, but seriously, if you really live in Tonopah, NV, do you have any idea how close you are to Area 51? It's less than 50 miles away as a crow flies...
Lol tell me about my dad has worked work the test site for like 20 years and he is always saying shit like "OoOoOo you should see.......never mind can't tell you" lmao

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
Builds looking good man!! keep up the good work! and also i thought the arp head studs were supposed to be torqued to 67ft/lbs...

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Builds looking good man!! keep up the good work! and also i thought the arp head studs were supposed to be torqued to 67ft/lbs...
Thanks man im going to repull the head cause I ordered some supertech springs but the apr instructions says 60 think they included turbo pressure in their calulations? Or you think it needs a little more torque?

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok so im kinda a dumb ass and got ahead of myself when I put the head on do you guys think I can reuse the head gasket? Or you think I should get a new one even though I haven't ran the motor yet?

·
Registered
76 F100, 93 DX hatch
26 Posts
yea you should be fine to reuse it if it hasnt been through any heat cycles yet.

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Supertech springs and retainers

Stock springs

Installed only took me a week and a half plus buying 2 different tools lol

computer i got for freeeeee

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
looking good excited for the end result
Thanks me too cant wait to get it finished and in the car...if only id stop buying other cars haha most recent got it yesterday

89 BMW 325i got it for 1000 bucks

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
got a little cheap on the cam gear but i did my research and these seem to be a pretty good gear came with a key

had to shave some of the plastic away to get it so it wont rub cause i really dont want to loose the cover

this is where it ended up at top dead center not sure if thats right

·
Registered
Honda City Type Z
127 Posts
have been following this thread but its my first post, awesome write up and pics, best of luck for the rest of the build..!

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
have been following this thread but its my first post, awesome write up and pics, best of luck for the rest of the build..!
Thanks its my first time actually posting a build or actually using a forum...im sure happy I found this forum though these guys are great and they don't mind sharing what they know but they are also not afraid to tell you to piss off haha

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
I say hammer the rod straight amd use it

keep it up man, your more built than me lol, im jealous

41 - 60 of 78 Posts