Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
as you can see ive had these pics for a couple months now i was just to lazy to start a build thread haha

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)

notched griddle (also had notched the block but i lost those pics)

the machinist said he had to shave the rods to get them to fit is that right?

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
just like everything in life it's hit or miss. what works for 1 person wont work for others and what works for most may not work for you. just get the bearing clearences nice and tight.
that is very true but that hit and miss law would also apply to your z6 swap idea to haha just saying not trying to step on your toes like i said i really do value your opinion....yeah i plastigaged my mains were 0.0015 i forgot what my rods where at but i researched for 3 hours to find out what the clearance was and i had it tight within spec

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
that is very true but that hit and miss law would also apply to your z6 swap idea to haha just saying not trying to step on your toes like i said i really do value your opinion....yeah i plastigaged my mains were 0.0015 i forgot what my rods where at but i researched for 3 hours to find out what the clearance was and i had it tight within spec
Yes it applies to everything. you need the helms manual you wont have to search for anything again.

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Yes it applies to everything. you need the helms manual you wont have to search for anything again.
thanks to another awesome thread on here some where i was able to download one :TU:

ported oil pump not the greatest job (still considering the shim)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

im stuck between painting the block this blue color or keeping it stock

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
radius the edges in the pump some more, if you can. the softer the radius the better it will flow and the less flow will be disrupted

i would pass on shimming. the pump creates more then enough pressure. its flow that should be addressed, which you have done!

making more pressure also takes more work from the motor, so it will cost you some power. not something i like to do!

also the additional pressure created will only be PEAK pressure. lets say u made 50psi @ 3000rpm previous to shimming the pump. well, you wont make any more pressure at 3000rpm. the shim only changes the pressure relief valve/point of the pump. so instead of maxing out at 90psi, it will hit 100psi or how ever much your shim changes it depending on thickness.

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
radius the edges in the pump some more, if you can. the softer the radius the better it will flow and the less flow will be disrupted

i would pass on shimming. the pump creates more then enough pressure. its flow that should be addressed, which you have done!

making more pressure also takes more work from the motor, so it will cost you some power. not something i like to do!

also the additional pressure created will only be PEAK pressure. lets say u made 50psi @ 3000rpm previous to shimming the pump. well, you wont make any more pressure at 3000rpm. the shim only changes the pressure relief valve/point of the pump. so instead of maxing out at 90psi, it will hit 100psi or how ever much your shim changes it depending on thickness.
Alright thanks alot for the great info danz and ill hit that oil pump up a little more this weekend

heres where i ended up stoping thanks to my new harley xr1200 and my jeep i just picked up but i plan on doing more soon!

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Trying to get to bishop today to get the head to the shop to test for flatness and to hot tank it

Head is at the shop now but who knows when ill get it back

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
been doing some research and im kinda confused on ECU chipping with the y8...i know you cant chip OBDII and from my understanding you can use a OBDI p28 chipped ECU right? Would that be the way to go with a turbo set up or should i pay alot of american dollars for a piggyback? and neonpinhead if your reading this i miss read your post about having to convert sorry for not paying attention haha.....dont yell at me to much im slow and dont know any better lol

·
Registered
EH2
180 Posts
go with the p28 better and cheaper and get it chip and when you get tune they will make a basemap for you and tune from their i think you can get away with just a jumper harness to use the p28 with your old obd2 harness but still better and cheaper then any piggy back but search up on it

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
alright guys looking for a clutch for the build does anyone know if there is a difference between eclutchmaster and clutchmaster? or are they the same company? i have my doubts looking at the price difference haha

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
dont mind the grease i already figured out i messed up on that haha i pulled the studs back out and cleaned them then cleaned the holes of all grease

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
wont be long now

got the head torqued down to 60ft

got my ported oil pump on

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Free computer Woot! Im going to chip it thanks to neonpinheads DIY

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Nice build, I'm getting set up to go down this same path (So far, I got my intake manifold lol), I think running a breathed on Z6 should be a good time...I'm going to go back and read the whole thing (lol, thought it was longer for some reason), can't wait to see how this comes out!

However, if you hope to out-run super secret experimental government aircraft, you better start looking into a k-swap lol...jk, but seriously, if you really live in Tonopah, NV, do you have any idea how close you are to Area 51? It's less than 50 miles away as a crow flies...

21 - 40 of 78 Posts