Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
Looking to get around 300hp out of my 99 and its cheaper then buying an s2000 just not as sexy haha ill start posting pics

got so far

wiseco turbo pistons 75.5
eagle H beam rods
king bearings
gates timeing belt
gates belt tensioner
gates water pump
apr head studs
felpro head gasket
new main seals
y8 head

my 99 civic got it for 1700

Stole these off my little bros 93 si after he blew it up

d16y7 68thou on it got it for $200

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice score. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, subscribed. Good luck on the build.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
subscribed.

·
Registered
94 eg sedan
79 Posts
looks good so far, keep us updated

·
Registered
681 Posts
Be sure to stick with it don't get discouraged mine took me a lil over 3yr to get it back on the road and I am still not done

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
My build took 5yrs...beat that! LOL

Good start, keep it up!
Oh I will have you beat, my friend.

Are those hx wheels polished? Love em.

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
top D16y7
bottom d16z6 (thats what happens when your little bro doesnt listen and he runs threw huge puddles)

Quick comparison already loveing the difference and its not even in the block yet haha

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I think it's an oil pump problem. most that choose to build the y7 or y8's shim and port the oil pump to raise pressure. the best fix is to replace a 96+ d-series with a z6. You're going to need to convert to an OBD1 ECU for engine management anyway, unless you go with a piggyback system like AEM.

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
142 Posts
yeah i had seen a couple DIY post on it i just seen alot of people who say yeah do it blah blah blah then people who say no dont do it blah blah blah...so its hard to decided on weather to shim it or not

not to tell you your wrong cause i really really do value your opinion but xxjdmcivicek9xx's build was a y7 and his car seems to be rockin the track

1 - 20 of 78 Posts