Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well guys, first time to the track since my last tune which was this past sat... im on 22psi i just have a few questions... my tuner, who is my friend did all the tuning for me with the help of a few other people at the local dyno... i made 290 hp on a mustang dyno with 250trq.. he said that the dyno reads low, and if i was on a dyno jet, it would have been about 50 more hp.. but mustang dynos are the correct number, and dynojet are incorrect. ok, to the questions, im at 22psi on my garrett 57 trim t3t4 hanging from a cast manifold. head is stock, im using crome gold, plugs look great, runs like a champ, my total timing is 18 degrees on 112 unleaded race gas, i know there are alot of different factors that are involved, but how come only 289hp and 250 trq.? i know that the trq is very nice.. can i run more timing..??? my plugs are gapped to .025, which shouldnt even be a factor because its not blowing spark, it runs great.

i ran a 12.6 at 110mph, same as my last tune on 15psi which didnt have nearly as much power. my 60 was better also with a 1.7 on 24.5in slicks. im just not understanding the boost to hp part of it, why the hp is low, and why i ran the same time with a better 60 foot then on 15psi.

so the question is, how much total timing at around 22-25psi can be used on race gas..?? and will that greatly improve my hp numbers.. like i said im at 18degrees total timing on 22psi.

but anyway, heres a few pix... this car is drag only, not a DD body needs some TLC lol

BIG ass slicks, 24.5 x 9 x 13 m/t

my buddy's all motor b18c5, be in the back ground, heads up race, me 12.60 him 13.7

2nd gear burnout, burning them slicks, look at those guys stare at it haha, me and my buddy were the only civics there... they are used to big blocks/small blocks... it was instant smoke, and loud as shit let me tell ya

random picture

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
god those slicks are huge...haha

·
Registered
316 Posts
sounds like your tune needs tweeked. If your using a knock you can add timing till you read knock then back it off some.

them slicks are to big for your numbers, they could be hurting you a bit. You should be cutting 1.6s with them all day. there the same slicks I run on my car. When you launch is your car boging down? what Rpm?

You should have tuned it on pump gas. Your just wasting money for the race gas. My pump tune is 500whp with no problems. Race tune with C16 is 890whp. While tuning my car we made 700whp by accident with pump gas trying to set up the boost by gear.

My car was tuned by Jeff Evans, who it one of the best tuners on the east coast so thats an advantage.

What turbo are you runing?

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Damn Bro 12.60 at 110 is wierd, I ran 12.0 at 112 mph at 17psi on pump gas 50 trim and with 24.5x9x13 slicks.

do you was spinning at 1st gear ??? How many psi on the slicks.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these slicks are a little overkill, yes i know.. but trust me i will need them... they have 8psi in them, launching at 6500rpms, building 15psi off antilag.... so acually if you think about it they arent really overkill if you understand how im launching... yes they spin in first, not bad, just enough so i wont break shit.. no bogging what so ever.. as stated above, im using a garrett t3t4 57 trim. a little laggy yes... but fun as hell and strong when my rpms get up there hell yeah... car pulls hard as shit... i added the race gas in my tank because we started tuning it for high boost, and then seen the numbers... which then in turn didnt need the race fuel, but its still nice to have no matter what... so 18 degrees timing at 22psi, is that conservative or could i run more? also 12.6 at 110 is normal.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts