Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a D17A1 crank, pistons, and rods in a A6 block will yeild a .045 piston to deck height. This should be the same for the D17 blocks since I compared measurements from the D17A1 block and D16A6 block by measureing the crank journal to the deck height on both. Using the D-series compression calculator and using the piston to deck height of .045, Y8 head gasket thicknedd and 32.8 cc's for the combustion chamber I come up with a -7.05 dish for the pistons to get a 9.5:1 compression ratio like the D17A1 is supposed to have. One more thing. If you use the D17 crank and rods in a D16 block or an A6 block at least then nothing is required for the rods to clear. Now to work on the crank pulley issue....

·
Registered
287 Posts
sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands..
are you trying to build an a6 motor with what you've got lying around??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yea this thread is old as hell but I couldnt find anything else close to what I was looking for. Eventually Im planning on using a d17 crank in a d16a6. Id use the d17 pan and oil pump and machine the crank for the d16 crank pulley. What I wanted to know is (and this will help you d17ers too) would it be possible to machine the bottom end of forged d16 rods down to fit the d17 crank?

The setup I was thinking of was vitaras and d17 crank and eagle d16 rods. With the a6 head this setup would yeild about 9.5:1 comp according the the calculator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts