Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
squeeling/rubbing sound after 25 mph, changes pitch with suspension movement at right front tire....turn right and the noise transfers to left hand side, but doesnt do it as loudly.... had the wheel bearings replaced lil over a year ago approx 30k on them since... i also swapped an axle becasue it had a torn boot thinkin/hoping that MIGHT be it, but it wasnt... brake pads dont appear to have odd wear on them, or signs of odd contact, disks are flawless no abnormal wear whatsoever....

please help me on this.... the only thing i can think of is the wheel bearings but with that lil about of time/miles i refuse to believe it..... thanks to all who look, bump this when u read it...!

catch me on aim: aadiofreek rep for those who have sugesstions.....!

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
same here.....i hate this... and it happens right after tha car was inspected...

i watched them the whle time they didnt do anything to cause it

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worn bushings?? Something in the steering possibly?
i do need ball joints and have worn bushings, but it is a spinning sound.....i dont think the steering has anything to do with it..? it mainly does it while driving straight... but that is a good suggestion rep for joo

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Oh shit thanks for the rep. Do you have the plastic water guards under your fenders? Maybe they are sagging into your wheels... I dunno man, theres not a whole lot that rotates in the engine bay that can squeek as well.

Although! I just remembered my friends Del Sol... the tranny would make a slight whining through first gear, and make whirring/squeeking sounds at the axle boots because they had no grease in them/water had gotten in.

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no liners, and the boots are good. and it is the same sound and in all gears all speeds doesnt change frequency....

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
wish i could give you some good advise but i have no idea man...lol

sounds like tire rub but who knows for sure...

·
Registered
605 Posts
check you wheel wells to see if u can see ne wear off on them

1 - 20 of 57 Posts