Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tristan insisted I put a thread up about my new ride. After 3 years i abandoned the Sfwd build about 6 months ago to pay off bills. Well I did that but then this car was for sale from another DSo member for to good of a price to turn down.
Here's a build sheet from the previous owner.
03 mustang gt is what the car started life as.

Has an 04 Gen3 5.3 with 317 heads
ARP headstuds
ATI Balancer
Edelbrock Pro Flo Intake /w matching Throttlebody
LJMS Stage 3 Cam
BTR Springs & Titanium retainers
Comp camps single timing chain
LS7 lifters
Comp Cams Chromoly Pushrods
LJMS custom 5.3 head gaskets
Fbody accessories
new waterpump and alternator
Melling high volume & high pressure oil pump

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff on the motor.

Borg Warner S475 turbo. 1.32ar /w T6 Exhaust Housing
Truck manifolds with 2.25 crossover pipe
Twin 46mm Precision Wastegates
Tial Q BOV
3" Custom Intercooler Piping
AFI 1300 Air 2 Air Intercooler
Microsquirt V3 Standalone Engine management

03/04 cobra bumpers/skirts/trunklid/spoiler/badges.
car is originally a 03 gt with 74k miles on shell
SVE Drag wheels 15x10/15.375
Brand new Hoosier QTP 28x11.5 tires
Leather seats driver is Kirkey
Rear seat delete, comes with factory seat though as well
HVAC & P/S delete
Still has radio with factory mach sound system
Autometer tach, coolant temp, trans temp, and oil pressure gauges
Turbosmart boost gauge
PLX M-300 Wideband

Built TH400 Trans rated at over 1000hp
Coan Trans Brake
Reverse Manual Valve body
TCI Outlaw shifter
PTC Custom Convertor
AJE Crossmember
SFI ultra bell bellhousing
TCI SFI Flywheel

8.8 Rear End
31 spline Moser axles
31 spline trac loc differential
Drake diff brace
ARP 3" wheel studs
Teamz relocated upper control arms
Teamz double adjustable lower control arms
Team z anti roll bar
Factory sway bar
UPR front lower control arms
UPR front coilovers
AJE K member
Strange 10 way adjustable struts & shocks
UPR full length subframe connectors.
10pt Roll cage
Car has gone multiple 9.9 passes with the converter cam setup which is for a 6.0 and does not come up on boost or out of the home for crap.
Here are a few pics

Disregard the last photo of the Instagram account claiming a whole lot of nonsense about the car. That's what happens when random people snap pics of the car at the track.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Badass man. Those turbo v8s have so much potential. What fuel and how much boost is it running?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Never heard of any of those oiling issues. Seen multiple stock 5.3 etc in the 8s and 9s without issues.

I want a lsx in something so bad

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Badass man. Those turbo v8s have so much potential. What fuel and how much boost is it running?
My buddy brad had it on 114+ race fuel
And had it at about 18psi on most passes on the 5.3
Just the cam converter combo aren't right for the 5.3
Only went 9.9 on the 5.3 on 18psi and tons of timing.
The 6.0 went 10.2 on 13-14psi on super low timing on e85 since it would actually come up on boost on the trans brake and get out of the hole.
I plan on putting it back on e85 and changing the cam and fuel pump and sending the converter in. Shouldn't have a problem making mid to lower 9 sec passes.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Sweet car, a bit more ci never hurt anyone. Never heard of oiling issues in any of these drifting either. Kind of sacrilegious if you are an uptight butthole. I dig.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've also never heard of an oiling issue. People make 1000hp on stock short blocks so they are perfect for "budget" drag cars haha

·
Registered
472 Posts
I love it, this is pretty much what my next car is going to be except not Chevy powered. Maybe if someone totals my truck before I do this project I'll just put the 7.3 in lol. But kick ass car, these are one of my favorites. Once I'm bored with fwd this will be next.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love it, this is pretty much what my next car is going to be except not Chevy powered. Maybe if someone totals my truck before I do this project I'll just put the 7.3 in lol. But kick ass car, these are one of my favorites. Once I'm bored with fwd this will be next.
Yeah I got bored with fwd and just didn't wanna spend the money to finish my last build since I figured it would break.
It helped since I got this dirt cheap from my buddy. And it's the only body style mustang that I like. This stock bottom end car runs about as fast as my fully built gsr would've went. At a fraction of the cost. If the motor goes another one is $500. Can't really beat it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah you hit a point where you realize you're kind of wasting your time with fwd. it's cool and fun but there's better ways to go fast. My plan for my mustang will be a 5.4 dohc from a navigator, I just can't get myself to go with an ls.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I always though the civic thing was one, easy to build for an import, and two, its an econo-box keeping up with 10sec v8's.

To go really fast you need a bigger motor then a D but it seems like a lot more guys get way more out of their high horse power big blocks then any I have seen running B or K series with the same level performance. I mean with reliability and cost per run lets say.

I have never been a drag racer type though, I like the bends, and getting off the apex fast and clean, but if I built a dragster it would be a Chevy II, not any Honda.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts