Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOHC_STUDENT's all motor build thread

87K views 439 replies 141 participants last post by  colelmt 
#1 ·
D-Series.org fucking rules.

Huge thanks to everyone on here who has helped build this car. My year long project is coming to an apex so it's time for a build thread.

Onto the pics

teardown

old engine bay

cleaning up

See less See more
#410 ·
o shit didnt even pay attention it was a syno dynamics, well yes ill say 150 than

#414 ·
haven't degreed the cam yet. Actually I have some news.

I took off the ITBs and measured them and they're only 38mm. I'm not sure how I missed that. So that may explain the low dyno numbers.

I just won an auction for a set of 48mm CBR 1000rr ITBs and am going to fashion a new set from them.

got a killer deal on them
eBay Motors: 06 07 Honda CBR 1000rr Fuel Injection Throttle Bodies (item 220392149701 end time Apr-12-09 17:20:08 PDT)

If I can get a bisi v2 header soon I may retune with the current 38mm ITBs just to see the power difference.

Autox season has begun so I'll probably go ahead and race this setup for the next few months and shoot for installing the new 48mm ITBs in the fall.

#415 ·
well damn, that will make a difference lol. between stepping up the size and sealing them off that will help ALOT right there. than add in the bisi header and holy cow lol

#420 · (Edited)
PDN-A00 (USDM 98-00 GX) overall height:49.28mm, compression height: 29.50mm, dome: 2.50mm

PM7/P29(JDM ZC/USDM D16A1) Total height 58.8 compression height 29, dome mm: 3.30, Dome cc: 7.2
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

#421 · (Edited)
Looks like the valve relief is different. I know this cam works with P29 and just assumed from the lower dome that they'd work.

Should have clayed.

:3dtard:

#425 ·
One intake valve on both 3 and 4 kissed piston. #3 has a slight mark on the face of the valve and #4 has a tiny chip that barely dips into the first angle of the three angle seat. The pistons didn't show any marks that we could see with the scope.

Video of scope looking at drivers side intake valve on #3

I'm guessing the lash is tightest on these two valves which is why they protruded enough to hit.

Also guessing the valve is opening into the piston while the piston is still dwelling at the top at the beginning of the intake stroke. Maybe slightly more retard on the cam could dial this out?

#426 · (Edited)
Pulled the head and there was indeed some very slight interference. Luckily no damage to the head.

So I cut some new reliefs.

VTEC engages with no interference now.

#437 ·
Pulled the head and there was indeed some very slight interference. Luckily no damage to the head.

Should have clayed that bitch. I clayed my 12.7:1 engine (A6 block Z6 head, pg6b pistons 59300 cam, ~.015 milled/decked, stock y8 hg) at multiple degree settings on the cam to see what range I could run my gear at. ended up with a range from -4 to +2 with no interference. ended up leaving it at 0. did you ever dyno this beast?

If you made more than 165 whp I will applaud you.

#429 ·
I think it's actually 1,000,031 lol

#433 ·
Don't really know but I expect the fuel tank was a bomb of liquid CNG. May be the reason you don't see too many of these around?

All I got was the block. It was supposedly from a wreck with only 10K on it.

Reactions: FarmerD
#436 ·
Natural Gas vehicles

I mispoke. It's CNG compressed natural gas, not LNG Liquid natural gas. So its just a gas. Not sure if it requires different injectors.

Gives new meaning to "running on fumes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.