Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 440 Posts

· Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
4,118 Posts

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
yeeeah, I'm gonna pass on "nipping it", but thanks.

:D

So when's the first start, or have you done that part yet?
next tuesday maybe

· Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
449 Posts
nice build up. i love it. except for the header.... the collector and the neck down looks.... weaksauce. how much is it?

ps, 15% drivetrain loss is quite accurate for 4 cylinder honda's.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Great build :) Look forward for some numbers. Makes me want ITB's even more!
Thanks man, Yours was one of the crower 3 builds that inspired me!

Yeah my exhaust... It's not perfect and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

My exhaust is a 2.35" buddy club spec II.

The header... it's got a 2.5" collector and then steps down to 2...

I'm talking to a local welder about cutting it at the collector and welding in a flex pipe and then into my catback, deleting all the flanges.

· Registered
867 Posts
To be honest, that collector looks awful.. Angle is very steep, and it necks down very abruptly, will cause backpressure and restrict flow.. I suggest you cut your header before collector, and let someone do merge type collector for you.
Primaries could also be few inches shorter IMO

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
To be honest, that collector looks awful.. Angle is very steep, and it necks down very abruptly, will cause backpressure and restrict flow.. I suggest you cut your header before collector, and let someone do merge type collector for you.
Primaries could also be few inches shorter IMO
fuck...

dude can you just fly over and make me one... give you my UR pulley :p

something like this would be pimptastic!

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

· Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
449 Posts
we at AKMEE has been thinking of producing a batch of hand made stainless 4-2-1 headers (three 2-1 merge collectors)... who will pony up for a bling bling header?? 100% stainless 304 and test pipe included. going to go over the design with my engineer (calamity coyote heheh)...

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
we at AKMEE...
choosing my thread to announce your new product? I'm flattered. :)

BOT

Here's what I'm thinking now about the exhaust -

this setup would be better than
merged primaries > 2.25" collector > 2.35" exhaust

this setup
merged primaries > 2.5" collector > 2.35" exhaust

· Registered
867 Posts
Thanks man 8)
My collector has 1.5" ID primaries, collector is ~1.85" ID and then tapers to 2.5" OD exhaust.. It's bad to have part larger than other exhaust between collector and exhaust piping.

Those Burns prices are sick, is your header SS or mild steel? Tickets Fin<>US is around 400 bucks iirc, one-way. 8)

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thanks man 8)
My collector has 1.5" ID primaries, collector is ~1.85" ID and then tapers to 2.5" OD exhaust.. It's bad to have part larger than other exhaust between collector and exhaust piping.

Those Burns prices are sick, is your header SS or mild steel? Tickets Fin<>US is around 400 bucks iirc, one-way. 8)
By the time I'm done I could almost have paid for a round trip ticket and paid you to make me one. Shoulda just gotten a Bisi or SMSP in the first place.

It's stainless, not sure what type though... Sadly I will have to tune this car on that header. Realistically there is no way I can get that burns part here and welded in time for April 15th first points event.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
update: the car is on the ground and rolling however I have a tuning problem.

car idles fine. However, if I slowly raise the RPMs up to 2000 the motor falls on it's face, stumbling badly.

Looking at the datalog it shows my injectors cut out and go to zero duty cycle for about .5 seconds right at 2000 RPM. The fuel curve is straight, not like there is a value of zero in there anywhere.

I'm stumped. Only thing I can think to try are wiping out the ecu and starting from scratch. Maybe it's got a bad value stuck in there somewhere? I really don't know. :confused:

I will post a datalog tonight.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
update: the car is on the ground and rolling however I have a tuning problem.

car idles fine. However, if I slowly raise the RPMs up to 2000 the motor falls on it's face, stumbling badly.

Looking at the datalog it shows my injectors cut out and go to zero duty cycle for about .5 seconds right at 2000 RPM. The fuel curve is straight, not like there is a value of zero in there anywhere.

I'm stumped. Only thing I can think to try are wiping out the ecu and starting from scratch. Maybe it's got a bad value stuck in there somewhere? I really don't know. :confused:

I will post a datalog tonight.
It's been suggested by the local tuner pro to double check my TPS - Honda ecu tells injectors to go to zero duty cycle at zero throttle

also, the newest version of SManager has a TPS calibration - proly try that tonight

41 - 60 of 440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.