Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 440 Posts

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks damn good, now I really want to see how this thing compares to mine 8)
thanks man. I'll be real happy to be anywhere near your numbers.

This header would really hold me back if it were left stock.

Reactions: speedfoos

· Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
4,118 Posts
Looks awesome man! We should catch up sometime and hit a route or something. I am REALLY curious how loud that car is, is it your DD?

Honestly, if you could get away with it, here would be the place. How many times do you hear a loud ass engine in louisville? Hell, I'm on bardstown road right now and I've heard 3 cars through the wall, louder than my car when I'm standing lext to it. I honestly think the cops only care abou stereo volume, not engine...

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks awesome man! We should catch up sometime and hit a route or something. I am REALLY curious how loud that car is, is it your DD?

Honestly, if you could get away with it, here would be the place. How many times do you hear a loud ass engine in louisville? Hell, I'm on bardstown road right now and I've heard 3 cars through the wall, louder than my car when I'm standing lext to it. I honestly think the cops only care abou stereo volume, not engine...
Yeah I'm game... Kentucky is a modified car friendly state - no vet test.
They'll bust you in some parts of town for loud exhaust but not out in Oldham Co. where I live. The car is also track only... I DD a pickup.

I'm curious what it's going to sound like also, loud I imagine as I run the Buddy Club Spec II exhaust which is basically a straight 2.35" pipe with one 12" resonator.

· Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
4,118 Posts
Hmm.. and to think I was supposed to be in louisville this week for spring break..

Looks great man :TU: repped..
Why would you come to louisville for spring break...?

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
ITB's FTW! looks hot as well man. how much did the ITB's caused you? i;d bet you would in a round 200 whp range! just plain sick man.
200chp maybe... rushi has a similar build to this, a little less compression, WAY better header and he made 173whp. I'd be silly to think I could do better with this header. Hey that rhymed!

· Registered
327 Posts
DAMN thats one tight build for a student

im a engineering college student and im broke ass!
my motor is carbed so im gunna drop a jdm zc sohc non-vtec dual carb motor in

· Registered
867 Posts
Hey, I'm engineering student also.. Built my engine with money I earned at summer work (supervising/designing at special vehicles factory) 8) I designed/calculated/simulated/built my engine as my bachelor's thesis.

Maybe not the best thread to ask about, but does anyone know how much powertrain loss these cars have? I've got 14% into my mind from somewhere..?
Anyone actually measured it?

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey, I'm engineering student also.. Built my engine with money I earned at summer work (supervising/designing at special vehicles factory) 8) I designed/calculated/simulated/built my engine as my bachelor's thesis.

Maybe not the best thread to ask about, but does anyone know how much powertrain loss these cars have? I've got 14% into my mind from somewhere..?
Anyone actually measured it?
arrg... a hijacker eh?

I'm pirating my thread back with this pic of my new heddAr!

· Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,949 Posts
Sick build, now go get a Honda, K&N, or Purelator filter, I used to be a die hard fram user until I read a couple of write-ups on how bad their filtration is and how high their failure to filter rate is. Not to mention I've read and seen pics of a few times where the filter actually blew apart!!

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Sick build, now go get a Honda, K&N, or Purelator filter, I used to be a die hard fram user until I read a couple of write-ups on how bad their filtration is and how high their failure to filter rate is. Not to mention I've read and seen pics of a few times where the filter actually blew apart!!
roger that. yeah Frams suck, it was teh cheapest one at the store. It's only on there for the first start.

This motor sat for a while so I'm gonna run 4 quarts through it, warm it up and then change it and the filter... got a mobil1 ready to go

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Oh boy, not another "which oil and filter is better" threads... ;)
yeah, lets just nip this in the bud... start your own thread if you want to talk oil filters, the mobil1 filter I have will be fine for this build.

nip it!

Reactions: 93delsolvtec
21 - 40 of 440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.