Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
Looks damn good, now I really want to see how this thing compares to mine 8)

· Registered
867 Posts
Hey, I'm engineering student also.. Built my engine with money I earned at summer work (supervising/designing at special vehicles factory) 8) I designed/calculated/simulated/built my engine as my bachelor's thesis.

Maybe not the best thread to ask about, but does anyone know how much powertrain loss these cars have? I've got 14% into my mind from somewhere..?
Anyone actually measured it?

· Registered
867 Posts
To be honest, that collector looks awful.. Angle is very steep, and it necks down very abruptly, will cause backpressure and restrict flow.. I suggest you cut your header before collector, and let someone do merge type collector for you.
Primaries could also be few inches shorter IMO

· Registered
867 Posts
Thanks man 8)
My collector has 1.5" ID primaries, collector is ~1.85" ID and then tapers to 2.5" OD exhaust.. It's bad to have part larger than other exhaust between collector and exhaust piping.

Those Burns prices are sick, is your header SS or mild steel? Tickets Fin<>US is around 400 bucks iirc, one-way. 8)

· Registered
867 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
I'd definately swap the crank. OR maybe put a helicoil if only one thread is f'ed up, BUT I'd let known-good machine shop put it in. Because all your threads are f'ed, I strongly suggest you to swap that crank, it's not so horrible task considering what will result if your flywheel disengages at, say 8krpm.

I used new OEM flywheel bolts, ARP ones I got were ~10mm too long. Those are not expensive, so I don't see a reason to save a few bucks here..

· Registered
867 Posts
That Alpha-N map looks exactly like a copy of my Alpha-N fuel map! 8)

· Registered
867 Posts
Map resolution is not a problem. You have 20x16-cell map. I've 12x12 map and it's more than enough even for DD. If you have problems with map resolution, tuner is crappy and doesn't know a shit, and/or you have shitty ECU and injector control. With Honda's ECU, I don't think the latter one I mentioned would be an issue 8)

· Registered
867 Posts
Hey, whats up man?
That HyTech header looks very much like what my new header is gonna be.. 8)

Do you already got the HyTech for you? How much was it?

· Registered
867 Posts
Congratulations for getting the engine running!

My engine made good power upto 8000rpm, and my 8300rpm limiter I had really feeled too low.. That engine loved to rev!

I've 1.85" collector too in my header. I suppose the problem here is not the collector size, it's the design. You want tiny merged collector that tapers into final tailpipe/cat size.

What about the HyTech header? are you gonna get it?

Are you absolutely sure your VTEC is working? That'd explain low power/rpm issue. VTEC was a problem for me first, and power started to fall off around 6500..

· Registered
867 Posts
Mike you seriously need a proper header.. Saw the gains s_18 got when replacing DC with old Bisimoto one?

· Registered
867 Posts
For me Crower 3 made very good vacuum, almost like with stock cam. It also didn't lope almost at all. But do not remove vacuum manifold, you still need it for FPR and brake booster! Just DO NOT try to tune the engine with Speed-Density (MAP-sensor) based algorithm.

· Registered
867 Posts
Sorry Mike but your velocity stacks are way off.. are they only hold together with that single screw per stack? See what I did, it really works well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.