Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
i wanna ask about ZC sohc block with any vtec head like z6 or y8

is zc sohc same as d16a1 ? their pistons is PM7 / P29 right ?

when we change ZC head with z6 or y8.. is it plug 'n play ?
what about ECU ?

which is better between z6 / y8 mixed with zc sohc block.. or d16z6 / d16y8 full engine ( power output,torque n sparepart)

thx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the zc with a y8 head is better i think. The pistons are different i believe. When i drag it out with other single-cams im always wining by a car or two. So far d15, d16, d17 non-vtec and even an b18c1 i've beaten with this setup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure what im putting out yet, but right now i have a jdm zc with a y8 head on it. I have another head ported and polised stage 3 cam and valve train. Right now my motor runs very strong and is faster than most of the single-cams i race against.

·
Registered
429 Posts
what kind of ZC that i can mix with z6 head ? ZC SOHC right..
and is it true ZC block have PM7/P29 piston in it ? what code of ZC is it and what year..?

and if i use that combination.. i must change my ECU to P28 right ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there's a jdm sohc zc and a jdm dohc zc. Any d-series tranny will bolt onto any d-series motor and the head is the same. If the the motor doesn't come v-tec and you want to put a vtec head on it you're going have to tap in an oil line to the head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.