Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being from the uk i dont have the lovely selection of tuners and parts you guys seem have so was wondering if there was a fast road cam. Have a sohc
zc with a omex 600 ecu running itb's i know next will be full exhaust system there is company who custom build the whole thing so thats cool. I am running 129 bhp at moment was hoping to get around 150-160bhp from exhaust and cam.

Dont want to really do more as want to concentrate on chassis and brakes after. Is this a realistic goal for this engine plus running this set up is there any problems with realibilty, internals etc.. Should i be looking to strengthen
the engine compents with this level of power the engine is coming up to 90000 miles any help would be gratefully recived.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Being from the uk i dont have the lovely selection of tuners and parts you guys seem have so was wondering if there was a fast road cam. Have a sohc
zc with a omex 600 ecu running itb's i know next will be full exhaust system there is company who custom build the whole thing so thats cool. I am running 129 bhp at moment was hoping to get around 150-160bhp from exhaust and cam.

Dont want to really do more as want to concentrate on chassis and brakes after. Is this a realistic goal for this engine plus running this set up is there any problems with realibilty, internals etc.. Should i be looking to strengthen
the engine compents with this level of power the engine is coming up to 90000 miles any help would be gratefully recived.
with itb's id put some sort of filter setup if this car is a daily driver. if your an all motor guy. i would reccomend to do some high compression pistons. ported head. and a stage 2 cam with springs and retainers.. and with a full exhaust and a good tiune. you should be near or beyond your power goals.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
I always thought it was funny how you guys in the UK call it a "fast road cam."
Anything cam wise...look at www.bisimoto.com

Yes it is possible. You are at 129bhp with stock exhaust and manifold!
Header/Exhaust/Cam/Tuning = 150+bhp

Only 90k? That baby has a lot left in her! Just look into springs with cam upgrade. Thats about it.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Turbo+ITBs?

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
I like them. Im curious to what his engine could do with everything hooked up nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your comments the reason i dont turbo is in my personal opinion a turbo is just cheating i want a 1.6 enginge that can stand on its own and say i made all that power on my own with out someone ramming all that air and fuel down my neck lol. Plus for ultimate throttle control na is best and as i am building the car to be used on track aswell. Ultimate bhp does not matter as much as balance overall. Any more ideas are always welcome as i live in the uk not many people to ask or talk about my set up.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Thanks for your comments the reason i dont turbo is in my personal opinion a turbo is just cheating i want a 1.6 enginge that can stand on its own and say i made all that power on my own with out someone ramming all that air and fuel down my neck lol. Plus for ultimate throttle control na is best and as i am building the car to be used on track aswell. Ultimate bhp does not matter as much as balance overall. Any more ideas are always welcome as i live in the uk not many people to ask or talk about my set up.
well dude. i did my n/a build and i love it like nothing else, go ahead and build your ITB's setup, but after your done with this build and have it going good. Take a ride in a turbo built car you will have been bitten.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
150-160whp is a very realistic goal for a daily driven SOHC honda. That could be a lot of fun in a little light ass Honda such as a eg or ef.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
haha so true... your going to spend lots of cash on a NA build, then get smoked over and over by stupid kids who made a HMT turbo setup with a chrysler turbo that makes your shit look dogg slow

but while you are building, tuning, and driving the car for the first time, it will be well worth it :)

torque is a good thing. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe in straight line but never on the bends

Most people can drive at 70 mph on the motorway but can they hold this speed on a nice A or B road?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts